Snow Year 21 - Season Pass Pricing

I would love monthly subscriptions. Oct/Nov at killington(speaks for itself)Dec at Pats( busy month just ski local)Jan at Jay. Feb at wildcat or Cannon. March/April at Sugarbush. May Killington.
Or mix it up somehow

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Magic with an FU to Vail  

Saddleback!!!!! $699 Adult $599 19-29 $499 Seniors/Juniors All passes include 2 tickets to Jay Peak

BMOM as well...unbelievable tree skiing

Posted Images

I would love monthly subscriptions. Oct/Nov at killington(speaks for itself)Dec at Pats( busy month just ski local)Jan at Jay. Feb at wildcat or Cannon. March/April at Sugarbush. May Killington.
Or mix it up somehow

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports
I hear you, that would be amazing!

But to be fair to the industry, you're not really describing a subscription when you say one month at a place. It's like asking for a subscription to Sports Illustrated but only for the single swimsuit issue.

And on the flip side it's kind of BS for Loon to consider it a monthly subscription when it's a minimum of 12 months per year! That's just an annual pass.

The typical subscription model based on other industries would be something like: A ski area gives you X number of Tix per month. You can use them whenever you want that month. They win because they garuntee sales of X tix per month. And you win if you use all X tix every month at that good subscription price.

I won't go through all the pricing tiers, but the Boyne NEP flash sale pricing for next week is out and some new stuff.

Plantinum Pass: $1549 adult

Sounds like a lot but it takes last year's Gold Plus and supercharges it with Sunday and Holiday early lift access at all 3 resorts (last year you could only use this benefit at the resort you bought the pass from) and it includes an Ikon Base Pass!  Now, it sounds like you have to take the Ikon Base it comes with, no option to upgrade that to a Base + or Full after.  You also cannot use Ikon Base days at Loon/SR/SL (sounds a bit like Max add on).  You still get the Boyne Western area benefits too, so 3 free non blacked out days at Big Sky, Brighton, Snowqualmie.  So you really get 8 free days at each now.

At the lower end they added Unlimited and Limited New England 5 day passes for $369/299.  This gives you 5 days total at the three either unrestricted or blackout days.

Gold Plus is gone, replaced by Platinum.  The rest are back including the Nitro, with a bot of price creep up again.

As a note, it sounds like Powdr is doing a similar Ikon Base deal at Killington, but they have tied that only to their Beast365 subscription package.  I believe that is a bit less than the NEP Platinum and given the summer K access on it, may be an even better deal.

Edited by Machski

Pico pass pricing for Unlimited

2020/21 SEASON THROUGH JUNE 11, 2020 JUNE 12 - OCT. 15, 2020OCT. 16, 2020 & LATER

Adult (19-64)$439 $489 $519

Senior (65-79)$339 $389 $419

Super Senior (80+)$59 $59 $59

Youth (7-18)$249 $299 $319

Child (6 & Under)$59 $59 $59

Kids 12 and under ski free with the purchase of an Adult pass

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Pats Peak is out....I added to the first post

https://www.patspeak.com/Shop/Season-Passes.aspx
I was just looking at this and it really pisses me off the the 6-18 yo pass is $80 less than an Adult but the 18-29 is almost $250 less than the adult and $165 less than the youth pass. Why not make the rang 6-29! And how is if fair that a 27 year old parent of a 6 yo pays less for his pass then his kid.

On 3/4/2020 at 4:32 PM, Cannonballer said:

Not gonna list Bretton Woods whole season pass menu.  Just wanted to point out that they do one thing totally different then any other mtn I've ever seen...a HUGE age range for their "non-adult" ticket. 

Adult (30-64) = $839

No-Regrets (5-29) = $399.  

I guess "no regrets" refers to not regretting having kids because you have to pay for their pass until they are 29 years old!?!?

Hey, if it's a B-Day or Christmas present every year...

Have mountains done away with "Junior" tickets aged 6-17ish?

Edited by MEtoVTskier
4 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I was just looking at this and it really pisses me off the the 6-18 yo pass is $80 less than an Adult but the 18-29 is almost $250 less than the adult and $165 less than the youth pass. Why not make the rang 6-29! And how is if fair that a 27 year old parent of a 6 yo pays less for his pass then his kid.

Yeah, that's nuts, the two prices should be reversed.

• Like 1

Sugarloaf has been added to the Mountain Collective (along with Grande Targee and Panorama).  In addition, the Platinum and Gold New England Pass levels now also include an unlimited 50% at Mountain Collective resorts.

20 minutes ago, xwhaler said:

Saddleback!!!!!
$699 Adult
$599 19-29
$499 Seniors/Juniors

All passes include 2 tickets to Jay Peak

Really good price ! and their day ticket prices dont suck either !

11 minutes ago, xwhaler said:

Zoomer Bar Road Trip!

Yeah that would be nice !  Hit SaddleBack and the loaf for a few days.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Magic lowering their passes for next year due to Covid

https://mailchi.mp/magicmtn/already-working-on-1718-ski-season-2691137

We will be extending the Early Bird sales period by a month  starting on April 15 and lasting until June 15. We want to give people extra time to take advantage of these deep discounts and make sure all these congressional stimulus provisions for workers and families are delivered to help everyone sort through their finances.

Given the new economic consequences of this pandemic, we feel we should also look at ways to make these early pass purchases even more affordable as possible. As a small business, we are taking a hit with the season closing early, and now more than ever, need season pass purchases to carry us through our off-season maintenance and improvements. So together, if you help us and we help you, we can get through this and come out even better as a ski community. So look not only for NO price increases on passes but expect an announcement on April 15th of LOWER prices on many passes compared to last year's Early Bird prices as part of Magic's response to COVID-19 and its impact on family finances this spring. Look also for a new family pass option which will help larger families save even more!

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2020 at 3:26 PM, fcksummer said:

Windham is now on Ikon

Personally, much more excited Bachelor is back on.  Been missing since Max went away, awesome place especially for late season trips!!

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting twist from Loon/Boyne. Lots of people are concerned about the extent of operations next season. There's been a lot of grey area in what will count as a "season". Loon has come out with an explicit definition and garuntee....

"We commit to being open for at least 150 days of skiing this winter. If for any reason our season is shortened, you’ll be given a credit toward a season pass for the following winter. Additionally, we’re giving you the option to roll over the value of your 2020/21 pass toward a 2021/22 pass through December 10, 2020."

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:

Interesting twist from Loon/Boyne. Lots of people are concerned about the extent of operations next season. There's been a lot of grey area in what will count as a "season". Loon has come out with an explicit definition and garuntee....

"We commit to being open for at least 150 days of skiing this winter. If for any reason our season is shortened, you’ll be given a credit toward a season pass for the following winter. Additionally, we’re giving you the option to roll over the value of your 2020/21 pass toward a 2021/22 pass through December 10, 2020."

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Cannonballer, just realize the 150 day season is across all 3 resorts, not just Loon.  So if Loon only hits 130 days, but SR or SL hit 150, that is a "full season" and no pass discount the following.  The other note of interest is for Platinum Passholders and the Dec. 10th cutoff to push funds to 21-22.  It has to be an unused NEP and in the case of the Platinum, the Ikon Base also has to be unused to push the Platinum funds forward.

Still, I didn't need anything beyond them saying that yes, we'll push your pass value forward if we can't open for 20-21.  This is great to me because I want to ski and they are offering that option and guarenteeing it for a deceent length or $$ off in 21-22.  And a discount now.  More than I wanted but very nice indeed.

Edited by Machski
  • 3 months later...
On 5/11/2020 at 1:43 PM, Machski said:

Cannonballer, just realize the 150 day season is across all 3 resorts, not just Loon.  So if Loon only hits 130 days, but SR or SL hit 150, that is a "full season" and no pass discount the following. 

Sounds like that isn't true.  This just came from Loon...

"Just like years before, we remain optimistic that Mother Nature will deliver deep snow and prime snowmaking temperatures allowing us to ski and ride from mid-November through mid-April, keeping our promise of 150 days of skiing and riding.

Collectively, with our sister resorts, we have decided to keep New England Pass off sale. Loon, Sunday River and Sugarloaf will move forward offering pass products that allow each of us to best address the uncertainty and complications that COVID-19 presents. Loon's season pass products will be on sale after Labor Day."

4 hours ago, Cannonballer said:

Sounds like that isn't true.  This just came from Loon...

"Just like years before, we remain optimistic that Mother Nature will deliver deep snow and prime snowmaking temperatures allowing us to ski and ride from mid-November through mid-April, keeping our promise of 150 days of skiing and riding.

Collectively, with our sister resorts, we have decided to keep New England Pass off sale. Loon, Sunday River and Sugarloaf will move forward offering pass products that allow each of us to best address the uncertainty and complications that COVID-19 presents. Loon's season pass products will be on sale after Labor Day."

It was back when they started that guarantee.  Now that they are splitting Loon away from SR/SL for the next round of pass products, guess they had to do something for the Loon only folks who buy those after Labor Day.  SR & SL dropped the Maine Passes today, Gold/Silver/Bronze levels that match the benefits of those levels of the NEP EXCEPT NO LOON Access.  And they are pricey at 1399/899/649 for the three levels.  There are Maine Pass 4 days available, both unrestricted and restricted at 349/279 and the nice thing on those is they are good during 20/21 as well as 21/22.  Probably the better offer right now up there. 

NOTE:  If you bought an NEP BEFORE they went off sale on June 15, they are still valid at all three resorts this coming season. 

41 minutes ago, Jully said:

This is interesting. What drove Boyne's decision here?

This is purely a guess, but it seems likely that it's driven by their resorts being in different states.  Boyne probably doesn't want to be at the whim of state policies.  For example, if ME were to go into a hard lockdown that could drive an excessive amount of passholders to Loon.  Could also result in complaints from passholders, locals, etc about how things play out.  Or various other similar scenarios.  Keeping their resorts independant allows them to adapt more specifically.