Snow Year 21 - Season Pass Pricing

1 hour ago, Cannonballer said:

This is purely a guess, but it seems likely that it's driven by their resorts being in different states.  Boyne probably doesn't want to be at the whim of state policies.  For example, if ME were to go into a hard lockdown that could drive an excessive amount of passholders to Loon.  Could also result in complaints from passholders, locals, etc about how things play out.  Or various other similar scenarios.  Keeping their resorts independant allows them to adapt more specifically. 

Good point. This happened to Vail in Australia. I have no idea what ended up happening to Perisher, when Victoria went into lock down.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Magic with an FU to Vail  

Saddleback!!!!! $699 Adult $599 19-29 $499 Seniors/Juniors All passes include 2 tickets to Jay Peak

BMOM as well...unbelievable tree skiing

Posted Images

On 8/27/2020 at 12:34 PM, Cannonballer said:

This is purely a guess, but it seems likely that it's driven by their resorts being in different states.  Boyne probably doesn't want to be at the whim of state policies.  For example, if ME were to go into a hard lockdown that could drive an excessive amount of passholders to Loon.  Could also result in complaints from passholders, locals, etc about how things play out.  Or various other similar scenarios.  Keeping their resorts independant allows them to adapt more specifically. 

Well, they are not totally independant now.  Sunday River and Sugarloaf are still fully tied together, only Loon has been split off from the fall seasonal products.  I believe this move fully has to do with Loon's vastly more limited Carrying Capacity, especially with the loading restrictions likely in play on the Gondola this winter.  Both SR and SL have stated they will not be using a reservation system or other limitations on passholders beyond the normal restrictions of the various pass types.  SR has also noted they do not plan on restriction Ikon guests beyond the restrictions of the different Ikon pass levels.  Both may limit day ticket sales if needed on peak days.

Rumors I've heard from Loon are that day tickets may be extremely limited at times or not even available for some days/dates.  Would not surprise me if Loon elects to use a pre-reserved slot system for weekend/peak days as they can be extremely overwhelmed.  They will have some type of pass product for purchase this fall but apparently their offerings haven't been finalized as they won't announce those until after next weekend.  

Boyne has stated they fully intend to bring the NEP back as before for 21/22.