Killing my quiver and consolidating to a single, long travel 29er. DH bike already has a buyer, and I'm also selling my 2017 Rocky Mountain Instinct 930 MSL.

Full specs are available at https://www.bikes.com/en/bikes/instinct/2017

Size large. Carbon frame. Bike is in excellent mechanical condition and good cosmetic condition. 140mm of travel front and rear. Bike weighs 30.2 lbs as shown. Upgrades include:

Rock Shox Reverb dropper seat post
Shimano XT rear derailleur (replaced the original SLX that I mangled on the trail)
RaceFace Atlas 60mm stem (still have original spec stem)
Tubeless
VP flat pedals

$1300

instinct.jpg

IMG_20200313_133309.jpg

IMG_20200313_133318.jpg

IMG_20200313_133328.jpg

IMG_20200313_133344.jpg

IMG_20200313_133336.jpg

IMG_20200313_133355.jpg

IMG_20200313_133400.jpg

IMG_20200313_133415.jpg

IMG_20200313_133429.jpg

Edited by 2manyhobbies

That's sweet bike at a nice price!  I have a buddy who is looking for something lighter/faster than his aluminum 27.5+.  He gets pissed at me when we get to climbs and I'm on my carbon 29er!  This might fit the bill for him. 2 questions while I pass it on to him:

- Didn't see the size listed (sorry if I'm missing it)

- How is the Reverb treating you?  Obviously some extreme opinions there. 

• 4 weeks later...

Took my own advice and picked up a YT Jeffsey Pro 29 to be my quiver killer. Took it for it's maiden voyage at Franklin yesterday, and I have to say I'm pretty pleased. Bike is a bit over a pound heavier than the Rocky Mountain and feels bigger when I'm loading it in the bike rack or the work stand. But my initial impression is that it rides and climbs better than the RM. I'm guessing part of that has to do with the 1x12 drive train and 77 degree seat angle. DH should be much better too with the additional travel and bigger brakes, but I won't know that for a while. Highland postponed opening day until the end of May ☹️ BTW, Franklin is riding really well right now. No mud and only a few soft spots here and there. Parking lot was the busiest I've ever seen it, but it appeared to be mostly hikers and people going to the park. I only saw one other person out riding on the trails.

jeffsey2.jpg

2 hours ago, 2manyhobbies said:

Took my own advice and picked up a YT Jeffsey Pro 29 to be my quiver killer. Took it for it's maiden voyage at Franklin yesterday, and I have to say I'm pretty pleased. Bike is a bit over a pound heavier than the Rocky Mountain and feels bigger when I'm loading it in the bike rack or the work stand. But my initial impression is that it rides and climbs better than the RM. I'm guessing part of that has to do with the 1x12 drive train and 77 degree seat angle. DH should be much better too with the additional travel and bigger brakes, but I won't know that for a while. Highland postponed opening day until the end of May ☹️ BTW, Franklin is riding really well right now. No mud and only a few soft spots here and there. Parking lot was the busiest I've ever seen it, but it appeared to be mostly hikers and people going to the park. I only saw one other person out riding on the trails.

jeffsey2.jpg

Nice!! Good to hear that review.  I was a hair away from pulling the trigger on this bike about 2 years ago. I had it all spec'd and in the cart when I stumbled on a too-good-to-pass-up used bike.  Love the all black.

I rode yesterday in SE Mass. Trails are in decent shape, but a little muddy. We've had an influx of riders from all over. Unfortunately a lot of them are not treating the trails well. Between skidding and riding mud sections that should be left alone they caused more damage then I've seen in years.