About once a year I get it in my head to explore a power line on my bike.  Usually it's because I'm trying to find a good way to link trail systems or because I see something promising from the road.  Today was one of those days.  It went the same way it always goes -- horribly.  The low spots are mud pits, the climbs are sand traps, the ticks and poison ivy are everywhere.   I'll probably forget all these lessons and do it in again in about a year. Anyone ever have a decent mtb ride on power lines???

IMG_20200322_133641746_HDR.jpg

In Binghamton and Westchester I know some decent short stretches on utility lines.

We recently had an natural gas pipeline berried in Blue Mountain Reservation in Westchester and they did a nice job rebuilding trails. I unfortunately the trails all shorter than 100 feet on the utility lines. I think they should have built a flow trail the length of the line with big berms

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I ride a section of power lines near house.  It is a mile or two long.  There are a sections that are muddy but can be avoided easily.  It is does have a decent rock drop though not super technical.  

• Like 1