Weatherman

Winter 2017-18 gathering planning

On 5/24/2017 at 7:13 PM, MadRussian said:

how about following weekend at Cannon for Mad Russian skis demo day?

Feel free to organize something. I'll be advertising the infamous Jay Peak trip for that following weekend. Free Jay Peak season pass for participating in that one.

On 6/2/2017 at 2:02 PM, Weatherman said:

I received some of the relevant details on the Cortina d'Ampezzo trip today. Price is looking very reasonable. Bonus is that I'm working on an extension to Venice to attend Carnival. I've heard it's an amazing experience. I hope you've started thinking about your costumes.

http://www.carnevale.venezia.it/en/events-list/

Are you going to share the price and info?

20 minutes ago, Puck it said:

Are you going to share the price and info?

Once it is ready. Tonight I'm going to make up a flyer. There will be an options for single and double occupancy. And options for with and without the extension to Venice. I'm trying to figure out how much above my quoted costs to charge to cover incidentals and contingencies like tips for the bus driver, etc. The final prices will also be subject to adjustment in the fall to account for fluctuations in the exchange rate. Details will be released this week.

3 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

So do we have an updated on a gathering(s)?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

December 9 at Bretton Woods. I'll have a line on discount tickets via EICSL. Sport Thoma will be offering a free demo day.

After that the EICSL trip to Jay Peak should draw a few people from here for the following weekend.

What are our needs for a mid-season gathering? I'd like to see something happen at Magic. Who is our closest connection there?

Anything mid-season for me most likely needs to happen on a Sunday. Saturday's are mostly booked with coaching and events.

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports

December 9 at Bretton Woods. I'll have a line on discount tickets via EICSL. Sport Thoma will be offering a free demo day.
After that the EICSL trip to Jay Peak should draw a few people from here for the following weekend.
What are our needs for a mid-season gathering? I'd like to see something happen at Magic. Who is our closest connection there?

I might be alone on this, but I'd probably rather pay the going window rate at Cannon early season than have a cheap ticket for BW. I've yet to ski BW, but I think if I do I want it close to 100% open.

I think Magic is a great option for a meetup.

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

I might be alone on this, but I'd probably rather pay the going window rate at Cannon early season than have a cheap ticket for BW. I've yet to ski BW, but I think if I do I want it close to 100% open.

I think Magic is a great option for a meetup.

I don't disagree with this. But in early December, Cannon is often lucky to have >4 trails open. Their new guns are a game changer though so we'll have see what they can pull off. Tram will definitely be closed, upper mountain unlikely to be open.

Basically, NH is not the king of early season.

Plus its early December so we are talking machine made snow which BW does a good job of. For a demo day the ability to try out hard pack/variable snow skis I think would work well at BW.

If it were later in the yr and the chances for powder/steep terrain was more of a factor then Cannon would of course be it.

17 minutes ago, xwhaler said:

Plus its early December so we are talking machine made snow which BW does a good job of. For a demo day the ability to try out hard pack/variable snow skis I think would work well at BW.

If it were later in the yr and the chances for powder/steep terrain was more of a factor then Cannon would of course be it.

Exactly. Bretton Woods or Wildcat are the only real early season players in New Hampshire. I view the mellow terrain of BW to be an advantage. The gentle grassy surfaces are much easier to get open when the snow finally flies. You can be off-piste there before anywhere else.

I don't disagree with this. But in early December, Cannon is often lucky to have >4 trails open. Their new guns are a game changer though so we'll have see what they can pull off. Tram will definitely be closed, upper mountain unlikely to be open.

Basically, NH is not the king of early season.

Zoomer chair > whatever early season offering available at BW

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Puck it said:

Hell yeah and throw the Zoomer Bar and Grill in.  Hands down beats anywhere!!!!!!

Lol we certainly had some good lunches there last year, cheese steaks were pretty awesome !

Even had Zoomer Bar and Grill on the road at K, Serious fun times

18 minutes ago, ABV said:

Lol we certainly had some good lunches there last year, cheese steaks were pretty awesome !

Even had Zoomer Bar and Grill on the road at K, Serious fun times

I hear there are even some vegetarian options...

• Like 1