Puck it

Season Passes on the Endangered List for Next Season

Is this what we have to look forward to.  I don't understand how a ski area could open with only daily tix and limited capacity without huge price increases. 

IMG_0581.PNG

I doubt that it will be so extreme around here that mountains won't sell season passes. The bigger question is: will the season be so messed up that it's not worth having a season pass?   

If trams and gondolas aren't running, if lfts are operated at reduced capacity, if lodges and bars are closed, etc.  Plus there is bound to be trickle-down impacts. Like if season pass sales are slow and resorts don't know what business is going to look like, are they really going to go all-out with snowmaking?  Add that all up and the season may be so whacked that you might not even want to shell out for a pass. 

I have been in favor of reducing capacity of lifts for a while. It will keep trails in better shape. But the day ticket prices might be crazy next year, and maybe the snow making will be less. Or we might all give up by November and decide to go back to normal.

12 hours ago, Benski said:

I have been in favor of reducing capacity of lifts for a while. It will keep trails in better shape. But the day ticket prices might be crazy next year, and maybe the snow making will be less. Or we might all give up by November and decide to go back to normal.

I vote for the latter sooner than later. I will leave it at that. 

I'm not sure if it's true or not ,but I've heard a couple times that my home mountain, Sunday River may limit the number of season passes and also have days for season pass holders only. I locked in on my pass in March, so I shouldn't have to worry about it. I don't hate the idea of pass holder only days either. Just don't see how they will make money doing that too often.

On 6/9/2020 at 10:44 AM, LevSki said:

I'm not sure if it's true or not ,but I've heard a couple times that my home mountain, Sunday River may limit the number of season passes and also have days for season pass holders only. I locked in on my pass in March, so I shouldn't have to worry about it. I don't hate the idea of pass holder only days either. Just don't see how they will make money doing that too often.

Yes, pass sales end this Monday June 15th and may not go back on sale this year after that.  I would say that Boyne is sure to cater to their passholders first and foremost so if you want to ski at any of the three, grab a pass now before they are gone.  Between now and snow down, a lot of the operational plans will need to be fleshed out.  I'm sure they have some ideaas how different plans might look but zero idea what will actually be required at this point.  Loon is the biggest ?? of the three, given the Gondola is the main lift on the main mountain.  SR and SL are at least spared from having to deal big time with an enclosed lift (Chondi is simple, just run it without cabins.  Not a huge loss especially if skiers/day are limited).