Covid looks to be bringing some different opening plans. For example, Killington going t2b with Snowdon (plus North Ridge). I can imagine they want to get Lower East Fall and the Canyon Quad opening ASAP. Some doing the usual (Sugarbush). 

There has been a lot of talk about Killington knowing the typical North Ridge opening strategy of years past was not going to work to spread out people and that SS opening probably would not work due to pitch.  So it does sound like there will be options at least.  My guess is that they want to avoid the stair usage as well.

6 minutes ago, dblskifanatic said:

There has been a lot of talk about Killington knowing the typical North Ridge opening strategy of years past was not going to work to spread out people and that SS opening probably would not work due to pitch.  So it does sound like there will be options at least.  My guess is that they want to avoid the stair usage as well.

I would say K1 as well. Years before the World Cup was great. Snowdon, Ridge, and Upper/Middle Superstar to Skyelark and Bittersweet by mid November. 

If walking/downloading was back on the table again I've always thought Sugarbush could have the greatest opening trail options (blow Organgrinder, Ripcord, Jester, and Downspout). Then download on Super Bravo. They will never do it but that set up is prime.

Edited by Flying Yeti
20 hours ago, Flying Yeti said:

I would say K1 as well. Years before the World Cup was great. Snowdon, Ridge, and Upper/Middle Superstar to Skyelark and Bittersweet by mid November. 

If walking/downloading was back on the table again I've always thought Sugarbush could have the greatest opening trail options (blow Organgrinder, Ripcord, Jester, and Downspout). Then download on Super Bravo. They will never do it but that set up is prime.

That's often there plan in practice. They try not to and so they will move down the mountain since downloading Bravo is a huge pain. Its about 30 of uphill to get to the top of Bravo from Heavens Gate. One year they went for Snowball to lower Snowball instead.

• Like 1
On 11/3/2020 at 12:07 PM, dblskifanatic said:

They don't just want to avoid the stairs, Killington has said the stairs are unworkable for social distancing and will not be used at all this season.