This seems a little over the top

I don't know it seems a little extreme to me.  

From Killington Snow Report this afternoon: 

This winter is certainly different from those in the past, but one thing that hasn't changed is our passion for skiing and riding at The Beast. Please remember, face masks are required at all times while at the resort - indoors and outdoors, yes skiing/riding, in lift lines and while riding lifts. Unless you're seated and eating or drinking, please keep your mask up. We strongly suggest bringing one or two extra face masks, so you can change them if they get wet. Learn everything you need to know about how to visit Killington this winter here.

So much messaging seems to be designed with the assumption that people will only listen to 50% of what is said. This strikes me as that. If someone is told to wear a mask ALWAYS, then they will hopefully wear the mask when they really are supposed to.

From a management perspective, this makes it easier to enforce. No splitting hairs, no gray areas, no slippery slopes, no exceptions... everyone, all the time.

I think mask down while skiing should be acceptable. But people may forget to mask up when approaching a base area, getting in line, or heading into the lodge. 

Honestly, skiing in the rain Monday at SR I found it more difficult to get the gaitor type mask back up than it was a pain to just leave up and ski with.  The ones I bought specifically for skiing are very comfortable and smooth textured.  Figure if I could ski with it up in the rain, all other conditions won't be much of an issue.  Though at the moment, anything a Vermont resort does about masks is pointless to me since I can't clear the larger hurdle to go there.

You can only enforce it in line, when near patrollers or in the line. 99% of the time you actually need it. This is serious shit, take it that way. Mask up or we might other ski season, schools, restaurants ect.

3 hours ago, Puck it said:

Skied BW today.  No crowds. It was ski on the Zephyr chair.  Mask was up getting on and off the lift.  It was down the rest of the time.  

Glad you got out. and glad to hear they weren't requiring full time mask wearing while skiing down open slopes.

I took a bike ride in 68 degs temps.  While this was cooking!

turkey.jpg