Cannon 12/26 - Day 15

Well, it was pretty bad up here 60 for high and rain all day with a howling wind. My weather station reported max of 46 mph but it was definitely higher.  The whole house was shaking.  At 5AM, I was up and looking at started saying holy shit.  My expectations were pretty low looking at Bypass.  However, it was not the worse I have seen. I would not buy a lift tix for it though. I told my son not to waste a voucher either  Tramway was ok, but Taft was better.  Cannonballer showed up I was just booting up with my daughter's boyfriend. We did 6 runs and headed back to the house.  It will only get better this week.  

4 hours ago, Puck it said:

Well, it was pretty bad up here 60 for high and rain all day with a howling wind. My weather station reported max of 46 mph but it was definitely higher.  The whole house was shaking.  At 5AM, I was up and looking at started saying holy shit.  My expectations were pretty low looking at Bypass.  However, it was not the worse I have seen. I would not buy a lift tix for it though. I told my son not to waste a voucher either  Tramway was ok, but Taft was better.  Cannonballer showed up I was just booting up with my daughter's boyfriend. We did 6 runs and headed back to the house.  It will only get better this week. 

Couple of pics to add to your report.  This includes an employee working on a top ramp. This would seem unremarkable to non-skiers, but in 35+ years of skiing Cannon this is maybe the 3rd time I've actually seen this.

IMG_20201226_104837940_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201226_110224568_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201226_110846327_HDR.jpg

• Haha 1

😮

That pic is the first time I have seen any work on any ramp at Cannon. Cannon skiers just take it for granted that the Cannonball unload ramp is going to be a sheet of ice.

Nice pics and report, thank you both. We have had fewer open trails going into New Year's before. But that does not really inspire me to get out there.