Cannon 1/4 - Day 21

Mini powder day.  There was about 2-3 at the house and 3-4 on the mountain.  I was able to pop over from 9 - 10:30 before meetings started.  Gary's and Rocket were awesome on the new snow. Head up top for a couple on Taft and Upper Ravine. Those were scraped off. Tramway is closed getting another coat.  Upper Cannon open with whales.  I ended on Banshee.  The cat track across from Zoomer to Banshee is a mess.  There is a steep climb from Zoomer to Paulies and is a a pain on skis.  The traverse across Avy is the worse that I have ever seen.

46 minutes ago, Puck it said:

Mini powder day.  There was about 2-3 at the house and 3-4 on the mountain.  I was able to pop over from 9 - 10:30 before meetings started.  Gary's and Rocket were awesome on the new snow. Head up top for a couple on Taft and Upper Ravine. Those were scraped off. Tramway is closed getting another coat.  Upper Cannon open with whales.  I ended on Banshee.  The cat track across from Zoomer to Banshee is a mess.  There is a steep climb from Zoomer to Paulies and is a a pain on skis.  The traverse across Avy is the worse that I have ever seen.

Classic. They wrote in their report Saturday afternoon that they were going to focus on making that cat track better and somehow it's worse. 😁

2 hours ago, Puck it said:

I like that you specifically called out the fact that "and is a a pain on skis".  I read between your lines with the universal knowledge that Cannon hates snowboarders, so I can only imagine what we'd be dealing with!  It was a mess on Sunday too.  That's why all our laps were: ride Zoomer -> ride Peabody to get a bit of goods in Banshee.  Repeat over and over.  It's a ridiculous 1600' of lifts to get 400' of quality snow. 

(Yosemite Sam was down at the base Sunday pounding his chest about all his hard work.)

Edited by Cannonballer
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cannonballer said:

I like that you specifically called out the fact that "and is a a pain on skis".  I read between your lines with the universal knowledge that Cannon hates snowboarders, so I can only imagine what we'd be dealing with!  It was a mess on Sunday too.  That's why all our laps were: ride Zoomer -> ride Peabody to get a bit of goods in Banshee.  Repeat over and over.  It's a ridiculous 1600' of lifts to get 400' of quality snow. 

(Yosemite Sam was down at the base Sunday pounding his chest about all his hard work.)

I saw him at Zoomer driving the Chevy Traverse and then getting his skis tuned. Wonder why they need a tune?

Edited by Puck it