2 minutes ago, frapcap said:

Nooo, its not the name of a company- but it should be. 

My ski boots and socks fucking STINK after a day of skiing. Do any of you have any good tips for quelling the smell without degrading the material? Ive got new socks and the boots aren't even that old. Maybe 2 years? 

some people will spray their feet with antipersperant as in Right Guard ! keeps them from sweating and makes them smell nice lol.  And they make spray for sneakers, think its called refresh ! that will help the boots recover from where they are now !

• Like 2

Try pulling the liners out and giving them a good scrub on the inside with soap and a little water. You need to kill the bacteria in there. 

Also consider skiing with no socks. It sounds like your feet are sweating in the boots. No socks will help. I ski with no socks and put some baby powder in the liner before sliding my foot inside. My feet are warmer now because I don't sweat and the sweat doesn't cool down during breaks/lift rides. 

• Like 1

Funny y'all suggest barefoot. My socks are so thin that I might as well be. Haven't tried the baby powder option, but will employ that the next time I ski. 

I will yank the liners and hit them with soap and water. I was just concerned that anything I used as a cleaning agent might adversely affect the materials. 

2 hours ago, frapcap said:

Funny y'all suggest barefoot. My socks are so thin that I might as well be. Haven't tried the baby powder option, but will employ that the next time I ski. 

I will yank the liners and hit them with soap and water. I was just concerned that anything I used as a cleaning agent might adversely affect the materials. 

Baby powder won't solve the smell issue. Forgot to mention that it will create a different smell issue (I don't care for baby powder smell). Baby powder is just for lubricating your foot so it can slide into the liner and also protects during the day against blisters. 

If your socks are basically panty hose then barefoot probably won't solve your issue. If you have "thin" socks, then it may because it did for me.