Thought they were not going to do these this season but they are back this and next Wednesday.  Just grabbed a ticket for this Wednesday, been a long time since I skied Cannon.  Would love more natural but hey, what the heck.  Plus, looking more and .ore likely Franconia or a surrounding town will wind up being our new hometown in the next few years.

58 minutes ago, Machski said:

Thought they were not going to do these this season but they are back this and next Wednesday.  Just grabbed a ticket for this Wednesday, been a long time since I skied Cannon.  Would love more natural but hey, what the heck.  Plus, looking more and .ore likely Franconia or a surrounding town will wind up being our new hometown in the next few years.

Where exactly are you looking?  New or existing home?  I may be able to help with builders if you need them and location help sine we just went thru it.  Things are getting snatched up very quickly at asking or over.  A lot in our development just sold over the summer for 3x of what we paid.  Contractors are straight out also.  

1 hour ago, Puck it said:

Where exactly are you looking?  New or existing home?  I may be able to help with builders if you need them and location help sine we just went thru it.  Things are getting snatched up very quickly at asking or over.  A lot in our development just sold over the summer for 3x of what we paid.  Contractors are straight out also.  

Thanks, we are looking at new build just because there really isn't what we need/want on market in exisiting typically (my mom-in-law lives with us.  Full health now, but if moving again, we want a home with a good sized bedroom/bathroom first floor but not the master suite 😜 for her) isn't around.  Have looked at a couple of lots on Old County RD and we have reached out to a few builders, one who just responded to my wife.  Probably in the 2 year range right now of action, though we want to get moving and buy the land in 6-12 months time.  Thanks for the offer, might take you up on it.  We are also looking at some stuff in Bethlehem and other surrounding towns.  Main goal is to stay within about 15 mins of 93.

4 hours ago, Machski said:

Much like all resorts they cut all deals to be on the safe side to start the season. Now that most places are expanding terrain, and midweek overcrowding did not turn out to be the issue some feared, some resorts are extending midweek deals again. Waterville Valley is also doing two for Tuesday again from what I have heard.

2 hours ago, Machski said:

Thanks, we are looking at new build just because there really isn't what we need/want on market in exisiting typically (my mom-in-law lives with us.  Full health now, but if moving again, we want a home with a good sized bedroom/bathroom first floor but not the master suite 😜 for her) isn't around.  Have looked at a couple of lots on Old County RD and we have reached out to a few builders, one who just responded to my wife.  Probably in the 2 year range right now of action, though we want to get moving and buy the land in 6-12 months time.  Thanks for the offer, might take you up on it.  We are also looking at some stuff in Bethlehem and other surrounding towns.  Main goal is to stay within about 15 mins of 93.

Old County Road has dirt sections if I remember right which can be tough in mud season. Just FYI.  I can tell which contractors and subs to stay away from. And give recommendations. If we don’t know them, we know someone to ask. Which builder responded if I can ask?  Bethlehem taxes are very high.  Franconia and Sugar Hill are reasonable.  Easton is dirt cheap for taxes.  

We built the master on the first with a open great room and loft. It can be a little loud. FYI. 

2 hours ago, Puck it said:

Old County Road has dirt sections if I remember right which can be tough in mud season. Just FYI.  I can tell which contractors and subs to stay away from. And give recommendations. If we don’t know them, we know someone to ask. Which builder responded if I can ask?  Bethlehem taxes are very high.  Franconia and Sugar Hill are reasonable.  Easton is dirt cheap for taxes.  

We built the master on the first with a open great room and loft. It can be a little loud. FYI. 

The lots we are looking at are early on the road, prior to the first Rotary and on the paved section.  Surprisingly, the pricier lots available are on the dirt end.  Then again, maybe not surprising considering those deeper in lots have the best views to the Notch and Lafayette.  I'll ask her when she gets home on the builder and pass along.  Thanks for the tips on town taxes.

47 minutes ago, Machski said:

The lots we are looking at are early on the road, prior to the first Rotary and on the paved section.  Surprisingly, the pricier lots available are on the dirt end.  Then again, maybe not surprising considering those deeper in lots have the best views to the Notch and Lafayette.  I'll ask her when she gets home on the builder and pass along.  Thanks for the tips on town taxes.

No problem.  Anything to consider is if internet is important to you.  Some lots will have broadband like Timber Lane. I can’t remember about Old County though.  If lot is on side lob of the wireless for mountain telecom. The speed will be slow and not existent in some areas. We are in direct line of the dish on top of Cannon and it cuts out. We have the option of a dedicated T1 optical with 100/100MB speeds but for $400 a month.  

21 minutes ago, Puck it said:

No problem.  Anything to consider is if internet is important to you.  Some lots will have broadband like Timber Lane. I can’t remember about Old County though.  If lot is on side lob of the wireless for mountain telecom. The speed will be slow and not existent in some areas. We are in direct line of the dish on top of Cannon and it cuts out. We have the option of a dedicated T1 optical with 100/100MB speeds but for $400 a month.  

It looks like Old County has Spectrum service.  Presby was the builder that so far has gotten back to us, though we missed the calls so haven't totally connected.

20 minutes ago, Machski said:

It looks like Old County has Spectrum service.  Presby was the builder that so far has gotten back to us, though we missed the calls so haven't totally connected.

I was thinking it might. That is a plus. Presby will do a good job, but it may take longer. I will IM you the rest. 

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Machski said:

Ok, I give you your odd gun fog.  Have seen this at SR but only very low teens and below in calm and clear.  It is calm but mid 20's at Cannon today.  Has to be low air pressure.

PXL_20210127_140230748.jpg

PXL_20210127_133352092.jpg

Id take that on a weekend anyday ,usually you cant see the next chair on the cannonball never mind being able to look back at the lift shack from that point !