• $615 raised

Goal: $300

Loon Is The Spring King in New Hampshire

Congrats to Loon Mountain for being open the latest in New Hampshire! 

What the hell happened to Wildcat? Why did they close so early this year? Covid? Vail? 

• Like 1
  • fcksummer changed the title to Loon Is The Spring King in New Hampshire
12 hours ago, Cannonballer said:

Vail. Weak snowmaking effort got exposed by a low-snowfall year.

Did they have water rites? Its been dry and I am pretty sure I have heard of them having reliability issues. Sugarbush ran out of water early this year. Cost them a spring stockpiling around the base area and on upper Snowball. The base lifts might become inaccessible before the first bare patch on Steins.

• 2 weeks later...

Its now official, next summer Loon will be replacing the Seven Brothers Triple with the former Kanc HSQ.  The triple will also be kept and stored for potential future use.  About time on another express lift out of the Gondi base.

3 hours ago, Machski said:

Its now official, next summer Loon will be replacing the Seven Brothers Triple with the former Kanc HSQ.  The triple will also be kept and stored for potential future use.  About time on another express lift out of the Gondi base.

I was just reading that update.  They bounced around a lot in their description, but as far as I can tell the order of events looks something like this:

- Summer 2021: Keep running MTB off Seven Brothers.  Tear down Kanc quad and build Kanc 8.

- Winter 2021/22: Be up and running with Kanc 8. Still have Seven Brothers.

- Summer 2022: Move MTB to Kanc 8. Tear down Seven Brothers. Install Kanc 4 at Seven Brothers location.

Is that how you understand it?

2 hours ago, Cannonballer said:

I was just reading that update.  They bounced around a lot in their description, but as far as I can tell the order of events looks something like this:

- Summer 2021: Keep running MTB off Seven Brothers.  Tear down Kanc quad and build Kanc 8.

- Summer 2022: Move MTB to Kanc 8. Tear down Seven Brothers. Install Kanc 4 at Seven Brothers location.

Are there even Mountain bike trails around the Kanc? The network on there map looks centered around Seven Brothers. Also am I the only person who is bothered by the word Kanc? Sounds like a slang word for a medical issue.

5 minutes ago, Benski said:

Are there even Mountain bike trails around the Kanc? The network on there map looks centered around Seven Brothers. Also am I the only person who is bothered by the word Kanc? Sounds like a slang word for a medical issue.

Currently no trails on that side, but that's where they are expanding.  By 2022 that will be the base for MTB. 

If you catch a bad case of kancamagus your gonna want to do right the heavy antibiotics and hard booze. 

4 hours ago, Cannonballer said:

Yes, that is how I understand the timeline.  Wonder what they are eyeing for the Triple when it comes out, South Learners or just string it up to lift serve out of Escape Route parking (and allow RiverWalk to install their planned pulse gondola to and from that lift and trail).