My Season, 2022

JimK

I got one pretty good day of skiing in WV in late Nov 2021 and haven't skied lift-served since then.  We had a terribly warm Dec in the mid-Atlantic and local conditions worsened, rather than improved.  I just wasn't motivated to get out on the crowded WROD that most places offered.  On Jan 3, 2022 we finally got a change in weather and even received about 8" of snow inside the Wash DC Capital Beltway. I did a couple of XC ski sessions in my neighborhood, but now I am preparing for my annual winter migration to the West. 

In a few days I am going to start driving across the US for an extended stay in Utah.  But first I am going to stop along the way to ski for 3 or 4 days in CO.  I have an Ikon base pass this year, along with a Snowbird Senior pass and I am going to use the ikon to ski for 2 or 3 days at Steamboat.  I may also do a day at Copper and/or Winter Park while in CO, then continue on to Utah for a few months.  Besides skiing several places in Utah, I hope to visit a couple of Ikon mtns in neighboring states this winter.  We shall see?

I will try to post some photos in this thread from time to time and share commentary on the places and conditions I experience along the way this winter.  I wish happy trails to all of you and hope you have a snowy 2022.