Sign in to follow this  
Weatherman

Best of Mount Washington Valley

This year's winners have been announced.

Some reactions...

Best Women's Clothing: T.J. Maxx -- Ummm, right.

Best Ski Shop: Stan and Dans's, Runner-up Bob and Terry's, and 3rd place Ski and Snowboard Liquidators. Ummm, no Sport Thoma. Sad!

I was surprised to see Rosie's in Tamworth as the best restaurant overall. I've never been there.

I think I agree with all the bartender ratings. But I am upset to not see Linda from Wildcat on the list.

+1 on Rosie's. All my family in Tamworth & Chocurua are permanent fixtures.

Also glad to see Frontside Grind on the list. That's a no brainier.

Seems like Delaney's must have been a sponsor of the poll. The place is decent but it's not the best at everything.

These things are always a popularity contest where those who self promote well win the awards. The TJMaxx wins as well as Moat for best beer list are proof that quality isn't the number one criteria.

Don't get me wrong. Moat is a great spot, but anyone who knows a thing about beer knows it doesn't hold a candle to Ebenezer's. Ebenezer's has won more awards and received more press in top beer publications than just about any beer bar in New England over the past 15 years.

Generally speaking it surprises me just how far behind the dining and beer scenes are in the tourist destinations in NH compared to Maine and Vermont. NH is a distant third. The surprising thing about it is NH has a much more tax friendly business climate than VT and ME and it's also much more accessible to visit for people from Boston with money to burn. You would think that culinary and beverage entrepreneurs would be all over setting up shop in NH compared to VT and ME, but it's just not the case.

Sent from my XT1565 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

21 hours ago, Cannonballer said:

+1 on Rosie's. All my family in Tamworth & Chocurua are permanent fixtures.

Also glad to see Frontside Grind on the list. That's a no brainier.

Seems like Delaney's must have been a sponsor of the poll. The place is decent but it's not the best at everything.

Some of the bakeries surprised me. My wife loves the Vintage Baking Company in Glen. I've never tried most of the other bakeries.