Sign in to follow this  
dblskifanatic

Stowe is officially Epic

15 minutes ago, dblskifanatic said:

http://news.vailresorts.com/corporate/stowe-acquisition-closing.htm

Unlimited skiing at Stowe for $859 and includes all the other resorts!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

I thought Stowe was crazy busy this year... They're going to need a bigger parking lot and to widen the access road.

The access road and sadly the Mansfield Lodge.  I wouldn't be surprised if Sugarbush got some new customers because at that price Stowe will be even busier. 

I don't believe the Mansfield lodge can be touched. It's on the list of National Historic Buildings or whatever.

Very little room for more parking. The lost spots at Spruce really has screwed them. Maybe they can put some across the street from the Toll House with a pedestrian tunnel under 108 and a small day lodge. But Vail would probably have to upgrade that lift as it's a long ass slow double. Also, I imagine it would absolutely suck trying to turn left out of that parking lot to go south on 108.

The increased vehicle traffic with the cheap pass will probably be a bigger problem than the lifts and trails. They likely pick up quite a few more local pass holders who will be driving in. At least if you stay at an area hotel the town has decent shuttle service

Sent from my XT1565 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Pretty certain the town would fight a parking garage for years in court unless it is totally buried and out of sight.  That town is more protective of aesthetics than perhaps any town in New England.   You can't even put a "For Sale" sign in your yard when selling your home.   Even when the Sun and Ski first proposed their mini golf course the town went crazy fearing a clown's mouth.

1 hour ago, deadheadskier said:

Pretty certain the town would fight a parking garage for years in court unless it is totally buried and out of sight.  That town is more protective of aesthetics than perhaps any town in New England.   You can't even put a "For Sale" sign in your yard when selling your home.   Even when the Sun and Ski first proposed their mini golf course the town went crazy fearing a clown's mouth.

Underground garages aren't unreasonable to conceive. Would probably cost a heck of a lot more to park in though. 

A for sale sign isn't allowed? Really???

Edited by Jully

2 hours ago, Smellytele said:

Now I look at 2 sites and see the same shit on both sites. Like having 2 threads about the same thing...

Lets merge them

Hahaha

21 hours ago, deadheadskier said:

I don't believe the Mansfield lodge can be touched. It's on the list of National Historic Buildings or whatever.

Hope not. It is one of my favorites. 

The State used the sale as an excuse to modify the lease terms.

http://www.stowetoday.com/stowe_reporter/news/local_news/resorts-agree-to-change-leases/article_a927e460-72f2-11e7-b77f-ff75f156fe84.html

I found it interesting that they get 5% of ticket and activity revenue, plus 3% of food and beverage for all facilities on state land. I also learned all the ski areas in Vermont on state land:

Stowe, Smuggs, Jay Peak, Burke, Killington, Okemo and Bromley

1 hour ago, Weatherman said:

The State used the sale as an excuse to modify the lease terms.

http://www.stowetoday.com/stowe_reporter/news/local_news/resorts-agree-to-change-leases/article_a927e460-72f2-11e7-b77f-ff75f156fe84.html

I found it interesting that they get 5% of ticket and activity revenue, plus 3% of food and beverage for all facilities on state land. I also learned all the ski areas in Vermont on state land:

Stowe, Smuggs, Jay Peak, Burke, Killington, Okemo and Bromley

Benedict Gomez freakout in 3. 2. 1. 

Wait this isn't Alpinezone. 

• Like 2

Benedict Gomez freakout in 3. 2. 1. 
Wait this isn't Alpinezone. 

I don’t think BG found this place yet,and let’s hope it stays that way !!
The most geographically challenged wannabe met !!

Son of a bitch... Stowe is up to $139 ($147 after tax) for a lift ticket. Killington and Stratton are both $129. Ouch.

Wow $147 is Crazy !

30 minutes ago, ABV said:

I don’t think BG found this place yet,and let’s hope it stays that way !!
The most geographically challenged wannabe met !!

hence why I said, "wait this isn't Alpinezone"