Cannonballer

Offseason Fitness, Training, Recovery.

Here are some pics of the "Lumberjack Pancake Breakfast" that I put on every year.  (just trying to entice y'all in to help heat my office!!)....

Can you chop more than my 70yo dad?

GOPR0169.thumb.JPG.cbff5060307c0d220d8bcbe23472687c.JPG

More than 6 year olds?

GOPR0190.thumb.JPG.44e3bda84d53a55c25b5afff3511f291.JPG

Sled dragging competition!

59826c724fd9d_Lumberjack2009(39).thumb.JPG.e874bdd7042bd15b1d53ba2a9239db1d.JPG

Stacking contest...59826d7cbd499_Lumberjack2009(18).thumb.JPG.ac3be50fd8e42f6dcbbbdc1cae612559.JPG

General fun....

59826da7d87c3_Lumberjack2009(5).thumb.JPG.7de02f156e401958e88d980439b4db0a.JPG

GOPR0161.thumb.JPG.fb527c29ee2991e587eabe17bbb7b49e.JPG

GOPR0176.thumb.JPG.f4939cf0a2b7648c0a56d26f30a630fa.JPG

• Like 2

Here are some pics of the "Lumberjack Pancake Breakfast" that I put on every year.  (just trying to entice y'all in to help heat my office!!)....
Can you chop more than my 70yo dad?
GOPR0169.thumb.JPG.cbff5060307c0d220d8bcbe23472687c.JPG
More than 6 year olds?
GOPR0190.thumb.JPG.44e3bda84d53a55c25b5afff3511f291.JPG
Sled dragging competition!
59826c724fd9d_Lumberjack2009(39).thumb.JPG.e874bdd7042bd15b1d53ba2a9239db1d.JPG

Stacking contest...59826d7cbd499_Lumberjack2009(18).thumb.JPG.ac3be50fd8e42f6dcbbbdc1cae612559.JPG

General fun....
59826da7d87c3_Lumberjack2009(5).thumb.JPG.7de02f156e401958e88d980439b4db0a.JPG
GOPR0161.thumb.JPG.fb527c29ee2991e587eabe17bbb7b49e.JPG
GOPR0176.thumb.JPG.f4939cf0a2b7648c0a56d26f30a630fa.JPG

I can't believe this is real. It could be an interesting time.

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

2 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

I can't believe this is real. It could be an interesting time.

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

It's real dude!  We heat our whole office and shop space by wood. It's a year-long chore to collect, transport, and split wood to get us through the winter.  After many years of this I devised the "Lumberjack Pancake Breakfast".  It only splits and stacks a small portion of our wood for the year, but it's a ton of fun! We borrow a big outdoor propane griddle to cook big breakfasts all morning. We get families to show up and do what they can: split, haul, stack, cook, etc.  We still end up cutting and hauling all the wood from local forests, and we still end up renting a splitter to get through the majority.  But that one day accomplishes a lot and we have a blast.  Plus, we all go canoeing after breakfast.....

10 hours ago, Cannonballer said:

It's real dude!  We heat our whole office and shop space by wood. It's a year-long chore to collect, transport, and split wood to get us through the winter.  After many years of this I devised the "Lumberjack Pancake Breakfast".  It only splits and stacks a small portion of our wood for the year, but it's a ton of fun! We borrow a big outdoor propane griddle to cook big breakfasts all morning. We get families to show up and do what they can: split, haul, stack, cook, etc.  We still end up cutting and hauling all the wood from local forests, and we still end up renting a splitter to get through the majority.  But that one day accomplishes a lot and we have a blast.  Plus, we all go canoeing after breakfast.....

Now if this was in Lincoln in early November Id be in !!

Joined a coed outdoor soccer team run through Seacoast United with games right here in Epping. First game was last night as I free agented onto an existing team. Pretty intense workout and a much faster pace, skill level than I was expecting.

Haven't played soccer since high school so was a bit of a shock. Each week it should get better and most importantly get the cardio and legs in decent shape for ski season.
Plan is to do this outdoor league through Mid October and then switch to Indoor through Mid December.
Basically I'm trying to do a variety of different activities (golf, soccer, biking, hiking) to avoid the mundane nature of the gym.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xwhaler said:

Basically I'm trying to do a variety of different activities (golf, soccer, biking, hiking) to avoid the mundane nature of the gym.

That is the way to go.  We mix things up a lot during "Not Ski Season" - our issue is the frequency during the work week.

I mowed the lawn today. Does that count?

Oh, and I have declared unrestricted chemical warfare on a yellow jacket nest in my wife's raised garden bed. There was lots of running away after bombing the nest entrance with the next chemical cocktail. I went to the store today and asked for the stuff that causes cancer and turns frogs gay. A few gay frogs with cancer is a small price to pay for ultimate victory.

I intended to do a lot of MTB this summer, but so far I have done very little.  There always seems to be something else that needs to be done when I want to ride.  Hopefully I will find the time as the season gets closer.  Also - often when I do have time to ride, my 10 year old wants to go, so it's hard to get in the sort of ride that is productive for fitness!

Had the yearly probing the week.  I am down 30-32 from my high last year.  10# more and I will be where I should be for size and frame.  I think more would be better.  Might be looking for new pants for the season. 

• Like 4

Had the yearly probing the week.  I am down 30-32 from my high last year.  10# more and I will be where I should be for size and frame.  I think more would be better.  Might be looking for new pants for the season. 

Nice work dude! That's a big accomplishment. Now I know I ain't catching you this year.

If you smoke enough weed at once it gets your heart rate up, good cardio as far as I'm concerned.

If you're worried about a heart attack just shotgun a couple beers -- they say alcohol is good for the heart.

Ok as the resident old fart here i have had to overcome a bunch of shit to still be able to get out there . At 75. In May of 18 i have rehabbed from Opn Heart. Surgery 9 yrs ago , an  " A ". Flutter arrhythymia situation last yr. and now i am recovering form a Hip rconstruction surgery.

This past March ( had one hip done in '15. Damn thing was too short by about 10mm and loosened up and required reconstructive surgery with a longer device .  So i was out of commission for the last TWO EFFIN seasons . I

But i am chill right  now and good  to go . It s been a bitch last two yrs , the open heart recovery was a piece of cake i sailed thhru that cuz i have always been a gym rat and was in great shape for an old fart ,.  

But  this hip fiasco was nasty , but i got a super doc.  He is. A serious  skier that specialized  in reconstructive surgery and things are brighter .

Being severely limited in mobility for two yrs cost me conditioning  and i am living in the gym 3 days a week and doing. Stuff. At home to build up again .   

Having been out of the game for 2 yrs will be a serious MENTAL challenge at my age but those of you who know me from other forums know i am motivated . I will  Start all over again . The skills are there , the desire is there , now i have to get my head back in the game .

But life is good , you guys know i ahve great support from the Queen of the Hop and my sons and grandsons will no doubt spur the old man on 

Edited by Warp Daddy
  • Like 2