Sign in to follow this  

1 hour ago, BumpOut said:

DAMN...!  How long of a walk did you have after that?!

Only a mile.  My neighbor sent her son over in Forester to get me.

Only a mile.  My neighbor sent her son over in Forester to get me.

Yeah, that's a lot worse than what happened to mine. I was able to straighten mine out enough that I could at least ride out.

Comical "upgrade" today. My wife is a creature of habit. She likes what she likes and doesn't want to devitate from what has worked for her (hmmm maybe that says something about me??). As a result, she's still riding her 2000 Gary Fisher Sugar 3. She doesn't like to change anything about it...ever! I finally convinced her that the 17 year old tires, that had fibers showing through the sidewalls, were a real danger. But she still didn't like the idea, so I tracked down a new set of the same WTB Velociraptors that have been on this bike since the beginning. It's practically a new bike!!
IMG_20170915_112104746.jpgIMG_20170915_111513505.jpg

• Like 1

I swore by the Panaracer Smoke and Dart on all the bikes I owned until I switched to 27.5. I'd use them today if they made a 27.5 or 29 tubeless in modern widths. They still make them but only in 26x2.1.

Just now, 2manyhobbies said:

I swore by the Panaracer Smoke and Dart on all the bikes I owned until I switched to 27.5. I'd use them today if they made a 27.5 or 29 tubeless in modern widths. They still make them but only in 26x2.1.

Yeah sometimes if it ain't broke don't fix it.  Even though I was making fun, those velociraptors are actually really sweet tires. The front/rear specific design is hard to beat. I'm glad they are still making them.

Also, I make fun of her old bike but she does have a new Framed fat bike with a second 29er wheelset.  Between all of that she's got the bases well covered.  But damn she still loves that old Sugar!

Just now, 2manyhobbies said:

BTW, loved the power grips on my old pedals too :) I switched to flats about 10 years ago and haven't looked back.

Power grips have to be one the best, simple designs in the history of biking.  I still have them on my around-town bike.  For MTB I've lately been using Crank Bros Double shot...flat on one side click-in on the other.  Makes for good options on those long grinds!  Strictly flats on the fat bike.  Works best in snow/ice and big winter boots.