Recent technical difficulties

Most of you have probably noticed I've been having some "technical difficulties" over the past two days. These problems were caused by an upgrade I made to the backend software platform. Excitedly (and stupidly) I installed the latest update on the first day it was available after the option popped up on my front page when I logged in. Clearly that was a mistake.

The mobile apps are no longer functional as the plug-in to feed them is broken. The app vendor says it'll be a few days until they release a stable update.

The graphical theme also is not yet updated. To their credit, the theme vendor has steadily been plugging away at releasing updating themes, but has not yet gotten to the one I use. As a temporary fix, I have installed a free temporary theme that has been updated.

I have tickets open with the appropriate parties. As far as I can tell, the remainder of the problems are beyond my control. I'll get them fixed as soon as I can.

On the plus side... we now support Clubs! I am very excited for the possible uses of this feature.

Sorry for the problems!

Bryan

1 hour ago, Weatherman said:

I noticed that the thread statuses are not updating inside the subforums. I've opened another ticket.

The mobile app plug-in has been completely removed for now. That seems to have fixed the thread status update issue.

On 7/26/2017 at 8:53 PM, dblskifanatic said:

Got this a few minutes ago browsing from my laptop using Chrome

image.thumb.png.37f0328adbd7a71a4c2a905711bd66cb.png

Is anyone still getting this message? I've seen a few cases of it in the system logs but thus far am unable to reproduce it myself.

13 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Is anyone still getting this message? I've seen a few cases of it in the system logs but thus far am unable to reproduce it myself.

I get it occasionally. Its when I click the "see next thread" button at the bottom if there's another unread thread. Only happens sometimes though. No clue why. I'm on chrome.

27 minutes ago, Jully said:

I get it occasionally. Its when I click the "see next thread" button at the bottom if there's another unread thread. Only happens sometimes though. No clue why. I'm on chrome.

I don't know either. I will open a ticket.

I have discovered a bug in the support for club-specific classified adverts. I've started a support thread including the developers. I've got great plans for that feature.

21 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

I don't know either. I will open a ticket.

I have discovered a bug in the support for club-specific classified adverts. I've started a support thread including the developers. I've got great plans for that feature.

I've noticed if I close the browser and just try it also works sometimes.

On 7/28/2017 at 10:18 AM, Jully said:

I've noticed if I close the browser and just try it also works sometimes.

The reply from tech support:

I apologize for the error message. The error is a temporary one that can come up if there is a problem building a template file, which should be pretty rare. I see it was logged 3 times last Thursday, and hasn't been logged since in your System Logs. I see it was also logged prior to July 27th, however there are other System logs indicating that things were rebuilding and/or upgrading, which might explain why the templates were slow to build during those periods.

Please keep an eye out and let me know if you see this or get reports of this error again. In the mean time, everything appears to be working correctly.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Weatherman said:

FYI, I'm in the process of transferring the domain registrar from Google to Amazon so I can consolidate vendors. The hosting services will remain the same. It *should* be seamless. My finger are crossed.

Seems to have gone cleanly. Most importantly my email address on northeastmountainsports.com now is fully functional. Exciting times.

@weatherman I see you merged the "Revisions Skis" threads, so I'm not trying to solve an immediate problem. Just FYI for your troubleshooting purposes: in my reply to dblskifanatic I included a link to the other thread. At the time I was on desktop, Chrome browser. The link worked fine (actually looked really good with a preview to the other thread). But now looking at on the Android app no link shows up at all.

• 3 weeks later...

So.... sorry about the disruption in service today. Apparently my credit card info had expired, or something like that. I don't know exactly what went wrong with the billing, but it's fixed now. We'll see how long it takes me to screw it up again.

52 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Any idea why I cannot load pics from Google Photos? Says can't open photo when I try to

Sent from my XT1650 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Do you mean drag and drop pics from the web or desktop app? You'll probably have to download them first and then drag them over.