Weatherman

Updates and Releases

I'm creating this thread to track incremental updates and releases. It's most just for your informational in case you see new bugs or strange behavior.

Today I installed the latest update. It should be just a security patch.

I was seeing some really strange behavior today with icons not loading correctly and intermittent redirects to some strange ajax messages and such. I've just installed the latest minor patch and hope that solves the issue. Things have seemed stable for the last several minutes, but I'll keep an eye on things.

Can't log in through the android app.  It kicked me out yesterday or this morning (not sure).  Now I get "network error".  Have tried on 2 different wifi signals and mobile data. So I don't think it's on my end.  Website on desktop or mobile both seem to work fine. 

Screenshot_20180430-103854.thumb.png.a8e545af5637a769aa5d59d76fd94884.png

59 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:

Can't log in through the android app.  It kicked me out yesterday or this morning (not sure).  Now I get "network error".  Have tried on 2 different wifi signals and mobile data. So I don't think it's on my end.  Website on desktop or mobile both seem to work fine. 

Screenshot_20180430-103854.thumb.png.a8e545af5637a769aa5d59d76fd94884.png

Grumble. Confirmed that Tapatalk (the mobile app vendor) is working on a patch to support the latest forum version. We're not the only ones experiencing this problem. Will update when I know more.

15 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:

Just a little more info on that, in case it helps. I can view the entire forum on the mobile app. I just can't login to my account. 

I'm experiencing the exact same thing.

1 hour ago, xwhaler said:

I'm experiencing the exact same thing.

I know what the issue is. I just can't do anything about it. I'm waiting on the mobile app vendor to update their software to work with the latest patch of the forum software. It gives me headaches.

On 4/30/2018 at 2:37 PM, Weatherman said:

I know what the issue is. I just can't do anything about it. I'm waiting on the mobile app vendor to update their software to work with the latest patch of the forum software. It gives me headaches.

Mobile apps should be working again

I need to install some updates. Consider yourself forewarned. I'm going to try to test as much as possible before pushing the button. I already know that some things are broken.

The ski area guides are showing me an error message.  I haven't looked at all of them but Sunday River and Sugarloaf both returned errors.  Not sure if it was triggered by the update or not.  Thanks

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, judgesmails said:

The ski area guides are showing me an error message.  I haven't looked at all of them but Sunday River and Sugarloaf both returned errors.  Not sure if it was triggered by the update or not.  Thanks

Noted. I've changed the styling to the basic default theme until the issue is resolved. Just trying to isolate variables even though it didn't help. I'll restore the styling when the issue is resolved.

Thanks for catching this so quickly!

Testing that the app still works... I followed the instructions given in my support ticket. It really broke things. Front page is down. Son of a bitch!

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports

Front page is back up. That problem was related to disabling the mobile app support by turning off the Tapatalk extension. Not good.

I'm not sure if the mobile app will keep working. No promises. I have tickets open with both the platform vendor and Tapatalk.

13 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Front page is back up. That problem was related to disabling the mobile app support by turning off the Tapatalk extension. Not good.

I'm not sure if the mobile app will keep working. No promises. I have tickets open with both the platform vendor and Tapatalk.

The broken guides were not Tapatalk's fault. But I still can't turn off their App without crashing the site. But everything should be working again.

1 hour ago, Weatherman said:

The broken guides were not Tapatalk's fault. But I still can't turn off their App without crashing the site. But everything should be working again.

Thanks, guides are working for me!