• $615 raised

Goal: $300

Call for Suggestions: Ask Me Anything

Now that my preliminary infrastructure is in place, I'd like to turn my attention back to curating content. As part of that initiative I'd like to start an "Ask Me Anything" series.

Who would you like to hear from?

Suggestions, please!

I'd like to know why Attitash refuses to replace that terrible triple and why wildcat can't put better pads on the bobcat triple. I'm sick of my ass going numb when I have to ride that thing. While replacing the triple would cost lots of $$, there is no reason why the pads can't be replaced on the bobcat, foam isn't that expensive. Also it would be nice to see some rubber padding on the deck so you can't slip and fall on the wet wood in the winter.

I'd like to know why Attitash refuses to replace that terrible triple and why wildcat can't put better pads on the bobcat triple. I'm sick of my ass going numb when I have to ride that thing. While replacing the triple would cost lots of $$, there is no reason why the pads can't be replaced on the bobcat, foam isn't that expensive. Also it would be nice to see some rubber padding on the deck so you can't slip and fall on the wet wood in the winter.

Attitash triple probably has a good 20+ years left of useful life and Peaks doesn't feel like they'd get an ROI on a HSQ. Best hope is adding a conveyor loading system to shave at least a little bit of time off the ride.

Pads on the Bobcat would be nice. De k was replaced this summer. Maybe it won't be quite as slippery

Sent from my XT1565 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

4 minutes ago, deadheadskier said:

Attitash triple probably has a good 20+ years left of useful life and Peaks doesn't feel like they'd get an ROI on a HSQ. Best hope is adding a conveyor loading system to shave at least a little bit of time off the ride.

Pads on the Bobcat would be nice. De k was replaced this summer. Maybe it won't be quite as slippery

Sent from my XT1565 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Wet wood is always slippery, a new deck won't fix the problem. They likely won't fix it until someone gets hurt and sues. Hoping I won't have to be that person. I'd also ask them why the downhill mtb trails are so tough if they expanded there system to include trails for beginner and intermediate level riders they would get way more attendance. I would go there all the time. Right now there trails are much to advanced for me.

3 hours ago, xwhaler said:

Crotched: Will you please replace bulbs that don't work? The ARL crew doesn't wanna blow out a knee before we run gates

Shocked at the number that were out whenever I skied there at night last season! Hopefully that will be updated this year. They can't have not noticed and it is kind of a safety hazard.

19 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Specific requests would be helpful.

Crotched GM/staff, like Xwhaler said. Rumor has it their GM lurks on AlpineZone, so he might be amenable to coming over here too!

I'd like to hear from Ragged too.

Lastly Boyne (specifically SL/SR). I know Ethan Austin has done the AZ challenges before and has a presence on the SLtoday forum occasionally. Not as sure about the SR upper management. 

Crotched: Will you please replace bulbs that don't work? The ARL crew doesn't wanna blow out a knee before we run gates

How about paying off the local police to look the other way during the winter so I can drive 15 MPH over posted!! Lol. How about Attitash finding another trail for their park, like maybe one over at Mt Snow?

Sent from my XT1650 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

• Like 1

How about paying off the local police to look the other way during the winter so I can drive 15 MPH over posted!! Lol. How about Attitash finding another trail for their park, like maybe one over at Mt Snow?

I got pulled over last winter late afternoon headed to CM midweek. Francestown PD. Was maybe 5mph over well out of downtown. They really are looking for you. It's a tough stretch at times headed to/from CM and Seacoast. Really gotta obey speed limits

Sent from my XT1254 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Shocked at the number that were out whenever I skied there at night last season! Hopefully that will be updated this year. They can't have not noticed and it is kind of a safety hazard.

Normally I'd kinda chuckle about those sort of things but it's a definite issue there. Half of Pluto's is total darkness. We always joke about it during race League asking when the new bulbs are going in

38 minutes ago, xwhaler said:

I got pulled over last winter late afternoon headed to CM midweek. Francestown PD. Was maybe 5mph over well out of downtown. They really are looking for you. It's a tough stretch at times headed to/from CM and Seacoast. Really gotta obey speed limits

Who hasn't been pulled over in Francestown? It's a game for them.

• Like 1

I've somehow managed to avoid getting pulled over on that stretch.  I adopt a strategy of slowing down before going into the straight aways where I know the speed traps are likely to be set up.  Once I see the coast is clear, I'll pick up some speed.  I'm sure at some point that strategy will fail me, but over the five years of being a regular there, I haven't been stopped.  I also do minimal night skiing there.  I'd imagine it's much easier to get pulled over during the evening than during the day time due to not being able to see the trap and cops being less lenient, hoping to nab someone who's had too many beers at the pub.  

11 hours ago, xwhaler said:

4-5 years ago they were more like staties in Western Mass. You had to be driving like a nut to be pulled over. I remember driving through town one morning doing about 15 over and the cop just flashed his lights at me to slow down. Sounds like they have turned into the crew who patrols RT 100 in Plymouth near K. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Attitash having their park over on Bear is a blessing and a curse. They get that FGQ all to themselves, so it doesn't impact lift lines elsewhere, but it is also a nice long trail that gets taken over. Thank goodness Wildcat doesn't have a terrain park at least!

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Sneak preview: the next Ask Me Anything thread will open early next week. @Sugarbush_Resort has agreed to participate.

Brian Heon of Wildcat has confirmed receipt of our latest round of questions and is working on the answers.

Love that you're doing this and able to get resorts to participate!

12 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Sneak preview: the next Ask Me Anything thread will open early next week. @Sugarbush_Resort has agreed to participate.

Brian Heon of Wildcat has confirmed receipt of our latest round of questions and is working on the answers.

Great! Hopefully Win will start posting occasionally here on NMS.

• Like 1