10 minutes ago, BumpOut said:

Not to mention that MS is much closer to the masses.

Yup. 4.5 hours to Mt. Snow for me. Killington is six. If you want something other than the Catskills that won't have you in the car for six hours, it's basically MS. Maybe Stratton.

The Peak Pass includes Jack Frost, which is near me but which has short runs and sloooooow lifts. Jack Frost bores the face off my head. 

1 hour ago, SallyCat said:

Yup. 4.5 hours to Mt. Snow for me. Killington is six. If you want something other than the Catskills that won't have you in the car for six hours, it's basically MS. Maybe Stratton.

The Peak Pass includes Jack Frost, which is near me but which has short runs and sloooooow lifts. Jack Frost bores the face off my head. 

just wondering how often do you drive that 4.5/6 hrs? I would only drive that if I was going somewhere for 4 or more days. I couldn't imagine doing that on a regular basis.

I am about 2 hrs to Wildcat and 1:45 to Mount Snow. 20 minutes to Crotched

They were running g the lift slower than normal, and the Canyon Express was no more than 3 chairs all day. The kids love that stupid bubble even if they didn't have it down. Conditions were excellent and we had a blast. Great first day out.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

9 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Wand how was your 8-10 minute waits at the River. Lift lines are what they are.

HAHA are you really comparing liftlines? Salty much? Barker was pretty much ski on the whole day, nice try though.

10 minutes is just more than what I would expect on the Friday after Thanksgiving. It wasn't meant as a critique in any way.

4 minutes ago, Jully said:

HAHA are you really comparing liftlines? Salty much? Barker was pretty much ski on the whole day, nice try though.

10 minutes is just more than what I would expect on the Friday after Thanksgiving. It wasn't meant as a critique in any way.

Na man just breaking balls. Just jelous i couldn't ski this weekend!

7 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Na man just breaking balls. Just jelous i couldn't ski this weekend!

Luckily there's many more weekends left!

• Thanks 1

Was there today and while a lot is open for time of the year - a lot of it was sketchy. Got there at 8 and the guns were on at the top of the hill but it was laying down some wet goop that grabbed your skis and threw you forward until about 9:30. Everything north of the Blue Bird was a scraped off mess. Freefall should not be open. Ridge skied well today as did Long John.

20 hours ago, Smellytele said:

just wondering how often do you drive that 4.5/6 hrs? I would only drive that if I was going somewhere for 4 or more days. I couldn't imagine doing that on a regular basis.

I am about 2 hrs to Wildcat and 1:45 to Mount Snow. 20 minutes to Crotched

I'd love to be that close to decent mountains. 5 hour drive for me to Sugarbush...once we hit January I'll do it pretty much every weekend until they close (drive up Friday after work, come home Sunday afternoon...once in a while I'll go up Thursday and make a 3 day weekend). Even Mt Snow would be 3.5 hours for me though...

On 11/25/2017 at 7:26 PM, Smellytele said:

Mostly just the usual school holidays or a strategic personal day tacked onto a weekend. It's a lot, especially if there's weather. But Poconos skiing on a weekend is just bonkers. Eventually I can't stand it and decide the drive will be worth it. It always is, even if I don't think so driving though NJ at 10pm. 

Was there yesterday and it was pretty awful; scraped-off and icy except on Snowdance, which had a lot of hard, chunky snow. I started at 8:30 and left by 10; just wasn't worth it.  

Bluebird Lift Status Update

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2018

Information on The Bluebird Express (Updating as information is available)

At approximately 12:45 p.m. on Saturday, February 23, 2018, our lift operations crew detected an issue in the main drive of The Bluebird Express. While it continued to function and safely offload all passengers, our lift mechanics quickly identified the issue as part of the planetary gear system in the main drive of the lift.

As of 1:30 p.m. our lift mechanics have begun the process of disassembling the main drive unit, which once apart will allow us to correctly diagnose the issue. Once we have diagnosed the cause, we will be able to order the correct parts from Leitner-Poma, the manufacturers of the lift. We should know more details around the issue by Saturday night, or early Sunday morning and will update you all via this blog post. At this point, we anticipate having The Bluebird Express back and running sometime this week, and will update this blog with a firm date and time once we have one.

We pride ourselves on our preventative maintenance program, and while this is a new lift with just 11,000 hours of operation to date, it operates hundreds of days a year in conditions ranging from -25 to 90 degrees, and over time parts do wear out. In fact, this exact gearbox was checked fairly recently, as part of our preventative maintenance program, and was found to be in proper functioning order.

While we wish we could say this was going to be an easy fix, it will most likely be days before The Bluebird Express is back up and running and open to the public. In the meantime, the summit is accessible via The Grand Summit Express, which will remain scheduled to run everyday until The Bluebird Express is back online. In addition, our lifts Challenger, Outpost, and Sunbrook Quad all offer summit access, as well as our Sundance Triple, which offers access to Long John near the summit.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause our guests during this time. Please bear with us as we work to correct this issue as quickly as possible. 

-Mount Snow

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Although not a Mt Snow Skier, It is refreshing to see a very honest and detailed report from a Peaks Resort area, I hope this rubs off to Attitash/ Wildcat. I commend this approach , Thank You

18 hours ago, Brad J said:

Although not a Mt Snow Skier, It is refreshing to see a very honest and detailed report from a Peaks Resort area, I hope this rubs off to Attitash/ Wildcat. I commend this approach , Thank You

Me too. The Quad at the Cat was running at Attitash speed yesterday. No word on what the issue is.

3 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Me too. The Quad at the Cat was running at Attitash speed yesterday. No word on what the issue is.

Heard wind. It was running yesterday at the same speed.

5 hours ago, kdaffy said:

$10 off coupon code: 1776-4079

expires 3/1

Can get tickets to Mt. Snow through TicketsAtWork for $62.58 ($55 pre-taxes/fees).

Bluebird Lift Status Update

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2018

Information on The Bluebird Express (UPDATE: The Bluebird is back as of 9:00 am on Thursday)

UPDATE FOR THURSDAY 3/1:

Isn’t it great when things go as planned?

The parts for The Bluebird Express arrived on-schedule yesterday afternoon, along with the team from Poma, and the seals and shims from Switzerland. Wasting no time, our crews got to work installing the new bearings and gears, staging as much as possible at the base of the mountain. By 4:30 pm the work had progressed to the point where we could load everything onto the basket of the snowcat and carefully bring the over 2,000lbs of parts up to the summit.

From there, our teams worked through the night and into the early morning hours of Thursday, fueled by Tony’s Pizza and the urge to get this lift open before the 12”+ of snow that’s headed this way Thursday night into Friday starts to fall. Around 4 am they were able to cautiously start the lift and begin preliminary testing. With all systems looking good, they retired for some much-needed sleep, and let the next crew of lift mechanics take over to begin pre-oping the lift.

As of 8 am this morning, The Bluebird Express is once again up and spinning, and after a few more tests, we should be good to go to open it back up for the public, just in time for the impending powder dump.

We’d like to take a moment to thank everyone who’s been involved in this process, and want you all to know that we couldn’t have done it without the amazing team we have here at the mountain. We’d also like to thank you all for your patience, well wishes, and encouragement during this fix. It really helped to keep the guys going as the work continued into the early morning.

As of this posting, The Bluebird Express is spinning and bringing guests to the summit! 

Sent from my XT1650 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Heard who pre-paid for a Hunter lift ticket for 3/3 to could ski Mt Snow today.  Hunter closed on 3/2 because of a major power outage in the region and still closed on 3/3.