• $615 raised

Goal: $300

Berkshire East 2017-2018 Season Thread

Much going on in the off season at Berkshire East. New ski trails look awesome. Nothing steep but they should offer a nice alternative to the outback off the summit. They are almost close to finishing the snowmaking and are hoping to be able to blow snow out there by mid December.

Opening day got pushed back from Friday,hopefully they will open this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Was at the B-East last Saturday and will be back tomorrow, if anyone's coming let me know.

They got a decent amount of terrain open for this weekend, made a ton of snow and report a foot of natural in the last week.  I'll report on conditions after tomorrow.  Should be good.

Big Chief, Upper and Lower Competition, Flying Cloud, Outback, Exhibition and various beginner trails and connectors are all reported as open, running the two quad lifts, beginner double and magic carpet.

Edited by SkiMangoJazz

Rates for 2017-2018.

$68 Weekend days.  $5 off with AAA card.

$48  Weekdays.

Afternoon (weekends), Night, Student, Senior, Military and other lower rates available.

5 Massachusetts days - Wednesdays January 4, 18, February 1, 15, March 8 - $10 off ($38)

4 Out of State days - Tuesdays January 10, 24, February 7, March 7 -  $10 off ($38)

I guess I did not realize where exactly the two new trails were. It will be nice not having to walk on the road or cutting through the condos after skiing the side of the mountain.

http://berkshireeast.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/trail_map_2017-18-4.pdf

The woods over there with some clearing will pretty pretty incredible. Many options draining into the new trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

The B-East was amazing today, cold, but fine.  Snow was near perfect packed powder.  Flying Cloud skied about as well as it ever does, as did everything else on the mountain.

War Dance is open and had some sweet piles of manmade snow on it.

The new trails seem close to opening.  Upper Thunder has some welding work going on, but Bolt to middle and lower Thunder seem really close to opening.

U Mass should also be open very soon.  Just a great mountain when it's like this.  Now lets get some natural snow so the glades are available!

Skied and taught this weekend, the snow is fantastic.  It's sad that for such an important week, and with such great skiing, that the cold is keeping people away.  Very few lessons, people were skiing, but just not a lot.

If you haven't skied the B-East (as we call it) you should really give it a try.  On a weekend it can't be beat as there are virtually no lines, and a lot of great terrain.

Prices are $68 with a $5 AAA discount (one card gives up to 5 people the discount.)

Weekdays are $48.

Skiing has been incredible lately. I missed the storm on Thursday but everything skied so nicely all weekend. The woods were pretty sweet in some places. This coming weekends forecast has me nervous but what can you do. Got some quality turns in on natural snow before MLK weekend. That is pretty rare for Berkshire East so we take.

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports

• 2 weeks later...