mtsnow1

New Gear Finally

So after weeks of discussing with my wife I was finally able to convince her I need to replace my skis (2002 Dynastar Agile w/ Rossi Pro Axial Bindings) she let me today.. I had a budget and since i barely get out more than 5 days a seas now I was not gong to break the bank. I went to my local ski shop (The Ski Shop Plus in North Smithfield, RI) and got a pair of Blizzard Quattro 7.7 with Marker TP10 bindings... I went from 183's down to 167's.. I am so psyched to get out now... I needed to tell my happiness to someone else since my wife is sick of hearing it. I also got a free lift ticket to Cannon from Blizzard... Not a bad deal for under 500.00.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mtsnow1 said:

So after weeks of discussing with my wife I was finally able to convince her I need to replace my skis (2002 Dynastar Agile w/ Rossi Pro Axial Bindings) she let me today.. I had a budget and since i barely get out more than 5 days a seas now I was not gong to break the bank. I went to my local ski shop (The Ski Shop Plus in North Smithfield, RI) and got a pair of Blizzard Quattro 7.7 with Marker TP10 bindings... I went from 183's down to 167's.. I am so psyched to get out now... I needed to tell my happiness to someone else since my wife is sick of hearing it. I also got a free lift ticket to Cannon from Blizzard... Not a bad deal for under 500.00.

That a big size drop. Why did you go down so much? But that's a big jump up in gear quality. You'll be amazed how much better they feel under foot.

I too would be excited to get them out. What are you waiting for?!?!?

Waiting for time off and money.. I went down so much because these literally came to my nose. The old ones were way above it because I used to fat.. I lost 46lbs in the last 4 months and plan to stay that way. I guess i lost a couple of inches getting older. I just need to suck up the 3 hour ride to Cannon on a Sunday and use this ticket.

• Like 1

This seems like a good place to share my story...

I’ve been on the lookout for a pair of all-mountain oriented twin tips (I coach kids) that would also be good for mogul skiing. I read an online recommendation by a bump skier for Dynastar Distorters. I bought a pair online - along with some Rossignol FKS (look pivots). I *may* have neglected to tell my wife about the purchase ahead of time, and instead waited for the right moment to practice the ancient art of Ty-Ming...

Fast forward a few days. We arrive home in the evening after picking up her new (used) car. She is in a good mood. When we get to the front door, there is the UPS sticker announcing that we missed a delivery from Ski Essentials. Oops. The cat was out of the bag! But of course how could she be mad when she had a new car in the driveway?!

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports

• Like 1