Sign in to follow this  
MarzNC

Demo Days in December?

I know that Wachusett has a Demo Day on 12/9 and Killington has free demos Dec. 10-11.  Are there usually other demo days in December?  Won't be back in New England until Dec. 18 but thinking about next year.

Demo'd at Sunday River last year after Thanksgiving.  Barely enough terrain to test out skis.  At least the runs were longer than in the Mid-Atlantic.

Edited by MarzNC

46 minutes ago, MarzNC said:

I know that Wachusett has a Demo Day on 12/9 and Killington has free demos Dec. 10-11.  Are there usually other demo days in December?  Won't be back in New England until Dec. 18 but thinking about next year.

Demo'd at Sunday River last year after Thanksgiving.  Barely enough terrain to test out skis.  At least the runs were longer than in the Mid-Atlantic.

I've scheduled a demo day for Saturday, December 9 at Bretton Woods. Sport Thoma will be putting it on, and many of us will be there. I'm hoping to make it an annual event.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Weatherman said:

I've scheduled a demo day for Saturday, December 9 at Bretton Woods. Sport Thoma will be putting it on, and many of us will be there. I'm hoping to make it an annual event.

Open to anyone or NMS members only?

Lots of places on the 9th and 10th it would seem. I think Sunapee has another demo day that weekend too.

Stratton has stuff later in December too I think.

Spring demo days are where it's at though.

14 minutes ago, Jully said:

Lots of places on the 9th and 10th it would seem. I think Sunapee has another demo day that weekend too.

Stratton has stuff later in December too I think.

Spring demo days are where it's at though.

Good to know.  Thanks.  Around the mid-Atlantic, demo days are mostly in January.

Come late March and early April, I'll be at Alta.  Have enjoyed the Alta Demo Day the first weekend of April for several years.  Ironically, half the time conditions are frozen groomers in the morning so possible to check out all-mountain skis that could be good in the northeast.  I usually wait until it warms up a bit before it's worth going off-piste though.

Thank you for the heads up about Killington.  I have been trying to get a chance for my wife to demo some boards, so we might have to head up there.

Any idea what brands are usually available?

15 hours ago, MarzNC said:

FYI - Killington's is on December 11th and 12th (Monday and Tuesday), NOT 10th and 11th (Saturday and Sunday).

http://www.killington.com/site/to-do/events-calendar/index.html/1562270322

I'm kind of bummed about that since mid-week isn't usually an option for us with work.

Edited by Jcb890

1 hour ago, Jcb890 said:

Thank you for the heads up about Killington.  I have been trying to get a chance for my wife to demo some boards, so we might have to head up there.

Any idea what brands are usually available?

Off the top of my head... Nordica, Head, Rossignol, Volkl, and Blizzard. They also carry K2, Fischer, and Armada, but I don't specifically remember seeing any of those brands mounted as demo skis... likely because I wasn't looking for them.

3 hours ago, Jcb890 said:

FYI - Killington's is on December 11th and 12th (Monday and Tuesday), NOT 10th and 11th (Saturday and Sunday).

http://www.killington.com/site/to-do/events-calendar/index.html/1562270322

I'm kind of bummed about that since mid-week isn't usually an option for us with work.

Oops, I did see that it was Mon-Tue but was obviously thinking about the weekend.  (Sat-Sun is Dec. 9-10.)

Whitetail in PA does their Demo Day on a Friday in early January.  It's nice for people who can make it because on weekends the place is packed.  Often only a few very short blue trails open (take <3 minutes to finish top-to-bottom).  Quite a decent selection of reps show up.  Was surprised that Stöckli was there the last couple years.

Edited by MarzNC

From the MAX Pass thread

5 hours ago, WJenness said:

Some Demo Days that are coming to Max Pass resorts were listed in this morning's snow reports:

Wachusett: Saturday, December 9th
Vendors: Armada, Atomic, Head, K2, Burton, Fischer, Kastle, Nordica, Parlor, Ride, Rossignol, Salomon and Volkl

Sunapee: Saturday Dec 9th and Sunday, Dec 10th
Bob Skinners Ski and Sport putting this one on.

Loon: December 16th
http://www.loonmtn.com/experience/events/demo-day

21 hours ago, Ski-kiki said:

I just got an email that there is a Ken Jones demo day at Loon  on Dec. 8

Interesting that neither the Ken Jones website nor the Loon website give any details.  Ken Jones just says it will be at Loon in "early winter."  You would think Loon would want to get that demo opportunity onto their calendar to encourage people to go midweek.

With encouragement, I put some of the demo days listed in this thread so far on the Community Calendar for future reference.  Click on Calendar in the menu bar to see how they look.  I'm interested in any comments about Event titles.  For instance, Killington uses "Test Fest" as opposed to "Demo Days."  As @Weatherman has said elsewhere, the forum should be a community effort.  The software allows regular users to do a lot more than the usual forum software.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2017 at 3:57 PM, Ski-kiki said:

I just got an email that there is a Ken Jones demo day at Loon  on Dec. 8

I did this demo day last year. It was pretty good. Lots of vendors, didn't have much trouble getting on the things I wanted to try.

I will likely try to hit it up again this year.

Edited by WJenness