Weatherman

Gathering and Demo Day - Dec. 9, 2017 - Bretton Woods

I've organized a demo day for Saturday, December 9, 2017 at Bretton Woods. I've organized this as part of the EICSL season kick-off event, and discount tickets will be offered to guests of EICSL clubs. The demo day will put on Sport Thoma. Adam Greenier of Gravity Jones Orthotics will also be participating in the demo day.

Remember that I've put up a lift ticket giveaway for the event that closes at noon on Friday.

So who will be there?

• Like 1

Would love to be there, planning on it.........at least spend half the day there and retreat back to Cannon if it gets zooish there !

Edited by ABV

Is this a demo day for skis only or snowboards as well?
@weatherman can give you the official answer. But I'm pretty sure it's only skis. Sport Thoma in Lincoln is supplying the demos. They are one of the only shops I know of that don't carry any snowboards.

42 minutes ago, Puck it said:

Are they going to have the Head Kores for demo?

could always stop in on our way out of Cannon and ask / request !!

58 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:
1 hour ago, Jcb890 said:
Is this a demo day for skis only or snowboards as well?

@weatherman can give you the official answer. But I'm pretty sure it's only skis. Sport Thoma in Lincoln is supplying the demos. They are one of the only shops I know of that don't carry any snowboards.

I never asked... sorry. But I too don't remember them carrying snowboards.

46 minutes ago, Puck it said:

Are they going to have the Head Kores for demo?

I stopped in last week to ask about gear selection, and got a less than definite answer. The short answer is they will bring everything that they mount up for demo for the season. As of last weekend the shop in Bartlett had yet to receive their demo gear.

Some more follow-up points:

If you are looking for a place to stay this weekend in North Conway for the demo day on Saturday, please let me know by tomorrow (Tuesday) end of the day. I'm happy to have you as a guest at my ski club.

When you go to the demo tent, please thank them for participating and be sure to let them know you came to the demo because of this site. Providing feedback and demonstrating turn-out will be critical to the success of future events. Sport Thoma was kind enough to put on this demo at my request, so I want to show them that it was worth the effort.

For those who have met me before, I'll be upstairs with EICSL by the climbing wall. I need to think about a good meeting time for distributing the tickets to the giveaway winners who are there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ABV said:

I work in North Billerica and live in Hudson NH, Maybe we should meet somewhere and pick up tix !  

I'm sure we could arrange something. I'll be working from home on Wednesday and Thursday.

Looking at my list of who is planning to gran their tickets that day... @ABV @Cannonballer @xwhaler @Puck it

What a cast of characters. Yeah, it might make sense for you to ferry the tickets over if you're an early bird. I'll PM you my details.

I'm sure we could arrange something. I'll be working from home on Wednesday and Thursday.
Looking at my list of who is planning to gran their tickets that day... [mention=54]ABV[/mention] [mention=8]Cannonballer[/mention] [mention=4]xwhaler[/mention] [mention=10]Puck it[/mention]
What a cast of characters. Yeah, it might make sense for you to ferry the tickets over if you're an early bird. I'll PM you my details.
That's a good idea as DHS and I will very likely be there before 9 and likely closer to 830

Sent from my XT1254 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

17 minutes ago, xwhaler said:

That's a good idea as DHS and I will very likely be there before 9 and likely closer to 830

Sent from my XT1254 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

I can pick up the tix if you want, just post here if you do ! Ill go ahead and Assume Puck its 

Edited by ABV

16 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Looking at my list of who is planning to gran their tickets that day... @ABV @Cannonballer @xwhaler @Puck it

@WJenness Wanted my raffle ticket if that is OK.  I'm not sure if he prefers to pick his ticket up at Cannon as well.

2 minutes ago, Jcb890 said:

@WJenness Wanted my raffle ticket if that is OK.  I'm not sure if he prefers to pick his ticket up at Cannon as well.

That is fine. He can always pick it up from my house. He lives very nearby.

Psssst... secret suggestion coming your way. When you're at the demo day on Saturday, take notes on the skis that you demo. Post your reviews to our Gear Reviews section. I'm hoping this event will allow us to build up more content in that section. Once we fill it out a bit, that section will be featured more prominently.

Why take the time to write a review?

1. It is a contribution to this community that you value
  2. The next give-away will be limited to those members that contribute a gear review.
  • Like 3