Weatherman

Gathering and Demo Day - Dec. 9, 2017 - Bretton Woods

So its been a few years since Ive been to BW, Is Tailgating frowned upon in the parking lot ?  Asking for a friend O.o

5 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

We ever get an answer on this? Zoomer Road Bar in effect?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Im assuming no tailgating but roadies may be in order

I have arrived. Going to get ready and take some runs. I brought a banner but have yet to decide where / how to post it

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports

Really fantastic day at Bretton Woods today! It was great to see/meet everyone. Huge thanks to[mention=5]Weatherman[/mention] for putting this all together. It was a perfect kickoff event.

Also honors to @Infinite_dreams and[mention=54]ABV[/mention] for putting together the INDOOR Zoomer Bar Roadshow!

• Like 2

Really a great day, Nice to meet everyone ! And thank you to Infinite dreams for the really awesome beers !  This was a fun day, we need to do more often !

Hopefully all the day trippers made it home Ok ! 93 Was a little messy on the way home

Really a great day, Nice to meet everyone ! And thank you to Infinite dreams for the really awesome beers !  This was a fun day, we need to do more often !

Hopefully all the day trippers made it home Ok ! 93 Was a little messy on the way home
We saw lots of vehicles off the road. The stretch between Tilton and Concord was the worst

Sent from my XT1254 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

1 minute ago, xwhaler said:

We saw lots of vehicles off the road. The stretch between Tilton and Concord was the worst

Yes I think its in the Cantebery area, really bad ice on the road...youd think NH Dot would have treated before the storm ! totally dropped the ball

Yes I think its in the Cantebery area, really bad ice on the road...youd think NH Dot would have treated before the storm ! totally dropped the ball
We we're cruising right along until that point and then bam. Hardly saw any plows on the road all the way home. Definitely didn't pre treat. Thankfully 4x4 and all Terrains

• Like 1

Seems like 101 got treated. It was in far better shape than 93.

Great day. I was super appreciative of the demo day. The skis I was able to take out absolutely blew away my Steadfasts on the slick stuff.

Thanks for the beers Infinite Dreams, Puckit Cannonball. Great to see everyone

• Like 1

Loved being able to Demo, although I only did one I absolutely Loved them ! Id buy them in a heartbeat if I had 1k laying around ! Volkl RTM 84s totally rocked the conditions of the day.

felt like I was surfing the rest of the day with my Nordicas !

Got home an hour ago! We did stop for gas but 93 was shit. Thank God for snows, they were put to the test.

You all are welcome! I second the sentiment@ABV has, great day and need to do more of these. @Weatherman thanks for organizing this day. Was great putting faces to names.

• Like 3

What a great day.

Was so nice to meet everyone, ski, and demo some skis.

Agreed with everyone on 93 being a shit show. I left the hill just before 2PM...

The first flakes I saw were right as I was going through Plymouth.

From there to the MA border, I counted at least a dozen cars that had some kind of incident. Several in the median, One pickup that lost its cap (and everything in the bed), a Jeep something or other (Compass I think) that was upside down in the median, several cars pointing the wrong direction or missing bumpers.

On the way up this morning, I did see some trucks headed onto 93 to pre-treat, so I don't know what happened, but it was ugly. It seems the first snowfall every year, so many people have forgotten how to drive in the snow, and/or haven't replaced their tires when they should have.

Skis of the day for me were the Head SuperShape i.Titans. Hardpack? What's that? Those things just RIPPED. Super fun. I also really enjoyed the Fischer Pro MTN 86 Ti. Those also bit into the hardpack like it was freshly groomed powder.

Looking forward to the next one of these. Might be a good chance to pay @Infinite Dreams and @xwhaler back, and make some room in my fridge ;-).

Edited by WJenness
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

IMG_20171209_222133461.jpg much deserved adult bevy after the white knuckle ride home!

Well deserved after that ride Im sure ! We were thinking of your ride during ours........glad you made it safely ! Thanks again for the Biers !

• Like 1

Only met Brian as I was with the family. Had some lot beverages at the end of the day though. Wife drove home (i stayed in No Conway with my middle son) and she did confirm Canterbury was where it got shitty with an over turned car and another in the ditch, rear end off the ground. Also they did treat part of 93 through Concord not sure how far North they went.