xwhaler

Cannon Saturday 12/2

Good early season hardpack day at Cannon. Deadheadskier, Cannonballer, ABV, PuckIt and nice to meet and share turns with you LSRocket skied all open trails today. No lift lines, guns blasting upper mtn, good coverage. Canned food drive meant $27 Tix which was a nice value for the amt of available terrain.

Colder than expected. And no sun made for a typical early season cannon day. The Snowmaking improvements they have done in the last 2 yrs are pretty remarkable. Cannon now has one of the best systems in NH and it shows. Snow is dry and deep

I'd say trails of the day were Gary's and Tramway. The middle section off the Peabody was it's typical self

Great crew as always and a very yummy zoomer bar lunch

933db66fa40cb40be8d41f21900f06c5.jpg2d6bb477b99fe8e9a22bc91c0eaf9bf2.jpg0b4406ee4e02d718e52d7fc475a8f17e.jpg7797c41eed42a35e9b73f76da8063e03.jpg40f172204465128040ac88215a0a2b63.jpg80f62e769ff2283150839e5a342cd1c2.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

• Like 2

^ nice report Chris! Good to see you guys today. Hoping to see you both around more this season. Really great to add @lsrocket to the Z-bar crew... It was fun skiing with you!
The terrain is subtly expanding. Paulie's Extension and Zoomer open today.

Great Day for sure, Nice to see everyone......we need to do this more often ! And Nice to meet and Ski With IsRocket ! See you all again Next week at the Demo Day !

Glad we were there yesterday!

UPDATE: Cannonball Lift will be under unexpected maintenance throughout the day, and will open again tomorrow morning.

Nice early season day for sure. Glad we hit up Cannon both for the company and substantially more acreage than would have been available at Wildcat. I have snowmaking system envy

It was good to get some perspective from you yesterday. It's always easy to bitch about the places that you spend the most time at. And for sure I have a long list of Cannon complaints. So it was eye opening to hear your favorable view of Cannon's current conditions vs Wildcat. I'll be a little more fair and objective toward Cannon's current approach as a result.
Turns out the the grass (snow) isn't always greener (deeper).

It was good to get some perspective from you yesterday. It's always easy to bitch about the places that you spend the most time at. And for sure I have a long list of Cannon complaints. So it was eye opening to hear your favorable view of Cannon's current conditions vs Wildcat. I'll be a little more fair and objective toward Cannon's current approach as a result.
Turns out the the grass (snow) isn't always greener (deeper).
Us Wildcat regulars would love for Cannon's Snowmaking system right about now

6 hours ago, Puck it said:

Glad we were there yesterday!

I was happy to be there today for a $39 mid-day ticket (reduced an extra $5 compared to the regular early season mid-day rate). I paid $39 for my first day at Sunday River for one top to bottom run. So four completely unique routes off the Peabody and three runs off the Front Five for the same price was a solid value.

Conditions were decent today considering I started mid-day. Middle Cannon skied really nice and I was enjoying the pushed over loose snow on Zoomer far skier's left, really nice. Ravine was pretty slick though... they are going to need a refresh in between expansion efforts. Gary's and Rocket were both pretty meh, probably better early in the morning. Overall, a fun couple of hours. In years past, some years we were lucky to have Middle/Lower Cannon and Gremlin this early.

Edited by thesnowway

2 hours ago, xwhaler said:

Active Snowmaking today up there?

I think they had snowmaking on Upper mountain (profile) as of mid morning, but not positive ! Yes they had it on at the base of the Cannonball and up on profile ! 

Edited by ABV
Brain fart

5 hours ago, xwhaler said:

Us Wildcat regulars would love for Cannon's Snowmaking system right about now

I'd give my left nut for their snowmaking system coupled with Wildcat's season commitment.

• Like 1

Cannon was awesome on Saturday. Tramway was amazing, and my older kids loved skiing on the front. The front was a little hard/icy for my snowboarding husband, so he took the 4-year-old and let me get in some good runs. Hallelujah, because if I had to do one more run down Gremlin I was going to lose it icon_eek.gif!