Weatherman

Roll call: December 8-10, 2017

The second weekend of December is here. Where is everyone going?

Of course we'll all be at the demo day / gathering on Saturday at Bretton Woods. I'm thinking about Wildcat on Sunday.

Just now, WJenness said:

Friday - Loon

Saturday- BW for NMS Demo Day!

Is there a designated gathering spot for post skiing beers yet?

I've been iterating with @lsrocket26 to get a banner design. If I can get it printed very quickly, I'll have it at Bretton Woods. But no promises.

Either way, I'll be upstairs by the climbing wall / next to the bar.

1 hour ago, Weatherman said:

I've been iterating with @lsrocket26 to get a banner design. If I can get it printed very quickly, I'll have it at Bretton Woods. But no promises.

Either way, I'll be upstairs by the climbing wall / next to the bar.

if you need said banner printed out I have access to a large epson running 24 inch rolls. 

7 hours ago, Weatherman said:

I think it's import to note that I packed my wider all mountain skis for this weekend. I see sufficient reason to think a 100 mm waist may be appropriate.

Envy.

So much envy.

I'm thinking that the best tool for the job in PA this weekend will be a mountain bike.

Looking forward to trip reports and photos!

10 hours ago, Weatherman said:

I think it's import to note that I packed my wider all mountain skis for this weekend. I see sufficient reason to think a 100 mm waist may be appropriate.

I will use my thinner ones to start on Saturday but will have my 110's with me for Sunday.

Damn. I can't ski and won't be able to use that BW pass.

Anyone who wants a BW early season pass (must use by the 15th) is welcome to pick it up at my house in Dover, NH. 

13 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Awesome! Will be at wildcat Sunday morning. Given the temps the snow should be pretty dry. Anything that hasn't seen snow making is probably out of the question? 

Should be good regardless  

5 hours ago, xwhaler said:

Revised Sunday plans: CM not opening so will either be at Sunapee for $35 canned food drive or Wildcat

I'm thinking Sunapee for the demo day! Will actually be able to demo skis in varying conditions. I will probably be there for the first chair (a rare Sunday occurance for me...).

Might make up for not being able to make it further up north for the best of the storm.

Edited by Jully

I'm thinking Sunapee for the demo day! Will actually be able to demo skis in varying conditions. I will probably be there for the first chair (a rare Sunday occurance for me...).
Might make up for not being able to make it further up north for the best of the storm.
Is there a demo at Sunapee on Sunday? I was referring the canned food drive but if there is a demo that's interesting. I likely won't participate though as will be with my two young boys and time is of the essence

Sent from my XT1254 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

15 minutes ago, xwhaler said:

Is there a demo at Sunapee on Sunday? I was referring the canned food drive but if there is a demo that's interesting. I likely won't participate though as will be with my two young boys and time is of the essence

Sent from my XT1254 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Demo day listed for December 9th and 10th. Haven't found much information online except the occasional mention in the snow report. Local shop is running it.