kdaffy

Wachusett Conditions and get togethers

PSA

Season pass at Wa goes up $100 after tomorrow.

I called, the website was a bit sluggish. Gave old pass number located on bottom and refreshed for 18/19

Just a FYI, maybe saving you 100 bucks....

:)

The regular Gold, Silver, and Bronze pass prices go up after tomorrow, but the GPS price doesn't go up until Nov. 14.  Also, previous years you could get the lower price still at the Ski Show.  From what I can tell on the Wawa site the Senior and Junior pass prices don't go up.  Still, always good to be aware of the deadlines.

Well I got my season pass! Just waiting for some snowmaking temps in central Mass to get the party started! Who's got 2018/2019 skiing in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts planned?

Get this party started!

Yeeha! Just got an email from Wa with target opening date of 11/23 (or sooner). Whole family with passes this year so looking forward to getting turns in family style.

• Like 1

Got that email too. So they are shooting to open on Black Friday?   Looks like it is time to open another "permanent" tab on my computer with the Wachusett 10 day forecast to keep an eye on things.  

On 11/1/2018 at 9:00 PM, MadRussian said:

I'm going with ICON pass and most likely not going to get Wachusett pass this year at all

Hope to catch up with you on the hill @MadRussian  !!!

Long range forecast looking better tho another monsoon for Tuesday.... still hoping they beat the announced opening day tho sadly November 12, 2017  opening will not be duplicated.

A little warm up Mon-Tuesday, but temps drop Wednesday, plus some natural snow Thursday, let's hope for opening day this weekend!

Edited by MassNerd
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 11:32 PM, MassNerd said:

Yes, you can use mine 'CENNEDY'. I try to sell the coordinator perks and split to proceeds with the GPS group members.

Thanks MassNerd, I joined your group and really appreciate you sharing the coordinator perks with us, made my pass even cheaper.  Good man, you didn't need to do that!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SkiMangoJazz said:

Thanks MassNerd, I joined your group and really appreciate you sharing the coordinator perks with us, made my pass even cheaper.  Good man, you didn't need to do that!

quite disappointed I missed out on this....

asleep at the wheel as usual for me.

:(

fully expect I'll be clicking in on next Monday, they were cranking last night, see the Wachusett web ca m for results.

go wa go get it done.....monsoon tomorrow then should go nonstop snowmaking from midnight Tuesday until mid morning Thursday!

Edited by hrstrat57

Yup and the GPS deadline to buy is later than the non-GPS deadline.  Ya just gotta listen to SMJ!

This rain will probably erase all of that snow they made, but there is 3-5" of natural forecast for Thursday night, so hopefully a Saturday opening.

On 11/2/2018 at 11:32 PM, MassNerd said:

Yes, you can use mine 'CENNEDY'. I try to sell the coordinator perks and split to proceeds with the GPS group members.

I'm debating renewing mine through the home school group my daughter skied with last year or through your group.   Are you close to any incentive levels where my joining through your GPS would help?

21 hours ago, Ski-kiki said:

I'm debating renewing mine through the home school group my daughter skied with last year or through your group.   Are you close to any incentive levels where my joining through your GPS would help?

We're 4 away from the next incentive, so we probably won't reach it this season. Feel free to join my group next season to get the incentive rebate.

4 hours ago, MassNerd said:

We're 4 away from the next incentive, so we probably won't reach it this season. Feel free to join my group next season to get the incentive rebate.

MassNerd- I only have 2 people in a group I started.  Received an e-mail that the group may not qualify for the discounted rate.  Mind if I hop on to your group?  Would be a +2.

Adventurema, I would never mind anyone joining my group. If your 2 and Ski-Kiki join buy passes, then we're 1 away from the next incentive which I will try to sell and I'll split the proceeds with the new members. 

Update, just got an email from my ex-neighbor. Sounds like he's going to get a pass, so that will get us above the next incentive.

Sorry to all that this has turned into 'Cennedy' GPS club thread!

Can't wait to ski Wawa on Saturday!

Edited by MassNerd
  • Like 1

I think it's a great use of this thread, what's more of a get together than a ski club? :)

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday first chair.  Really hoping they stay open next Mon-Wed, but I doubt it.  May go up to Mount Snow Monday and Wednesday.

Season's about to begin!