kdaffy

Wachusett Conditions and get togethers

I highly doubt Wa will stiff their loyal holders of bronze pass by not being open Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Would be extremely bad form.

Every expectation I'll be heading up on a chair Monday around 0900 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 7:35 AM, SkiMangoJazz said:

the GPS deadline to buy is later than the non-GPS deadline

And the Senior and Junior pass prices stay the same all season, they didn't go up when the rest did.  The GPS price for both is $10 less than regular pricing. 

• Like 1

I noticed some discrepancies between the trail map and the trail descriptions yesterday, so asked Wawa about it. (They have Piece of Cake as a green, and a new green run listed.)  They  replied that they are still fine tuning the new website. The park will be on Frannie's Folly and Hitchcock this year, with Piece of Cake being a regular blue run.   The newly named run, Shenanigans, follows the lift line under the Vickery Triple and is also blue.

The only way to get to Piece of Cake or the new trail is on a weekend or to ski through the woods from the Mass Pike.  They don't run that lift weekdays.  Maybe weekday evenings.

On a powder day skiing through those woods and under that lift is a great line.  Of course you aren't supposed to ski any woods at Wa,  but it's just a very short cut through.

Edited by SkiMangoJazz

Get there early and there will be a line for the first lift and then skiing will be good for at least an hour and a half or two.  After that it could go either way, but since it's supposed to be extremely cold Friday morning I would think it would be less crowded than it could be.  Afternoon I don't know as I leave before then, but I'd assume it will be busy.

It wasn't overly crowded this weekend, but I was surprised at all the families with kids, even lessons going on.  The sport is thriving.

• Like 1

Great afternoon today at the wa with the family. Good base And they were making a ton across the mountain. Going to head up with my son tomorrow morning likely. If the weather continues to cooperate they should be close to 100% in a week or so IMG_20181123_160253.jpg

• Like 2

The wa skied great this morning! Arrived around 9 and left at noon, just as it was starting to get busy. Ski to lift all morning. Ralph's and conifer were the picks of the day. Buttery packed pow across the mountain. My son was ripping it up!IMG_20181124_092342.thumb.jpg.9d0782987d8c8c2de71ebf91508333a6.jpg

• Like 1