Wachusett Conditions and get togethers

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great to meet you today.  Will be back tomorrow and will try not to say inappropriate things to your teen.

Skied this morning with @hrstrat57 for 2 ½ hours.  Great start to the season.  Some lift issues at first, but the skiing was great.

It may be small and not steep, but they are snow making and grooming magicians!  Starting this in honor of one of my favorite threads on epicski.com.  It was started in 2006 and has been going st

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After a lengthy delay to my season start due to a broken heel, made it out to wachusett for day one on Saturday. Good coverage given the weather...felt like spring skiing almost.

It's amazing how much snow they are able to make.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Never to early, right?  I've bought our family passes again for this year and looking forward to regularly heading to wachusett as a respite from WFH and COVID in general.

I'm hearing that they will likely limit season ticket sales, so if you were considering one for this season, I would suggest getting on that.  Both @MassNerdand I have groups that you can take advantage of, so feel free to DM either of us for info.  I'll give preference to @MassNerd as he has been doing this for the forum longer than I.  I believe his group name is "Cennedy".

I'm really looking forward to this season as last year was shot on my end having broken my heel and only getting 6 days on the slopes before the season came to an end.  I've been out to Wachusett a few times and it looks like they are taking good precautions but, despite my efforts, wasn't able to get much info out of the mountain reps as to what the season will look like.

Hopefully no injuries this year, and I'll be able to meet up for some turns.

• Like 1

Wachusett announced on Instagram and also on their home page that season passholders will not require a reservation to ski, and also that they are limiting the number of passes they sell.  They said they've already sold out of the new Steel pass.

Get your passes soon if you plan on skiing there this year!

I just took a look, and it looks like  Bronze and Weekender are still available as well as the Gold, for both regular and GPS.  The Bronze youth pass is sold out, but if needed you could just buy an adult Bronze for a little more.  All the same, I'm glad I didn't procrastinate this year.  Normally I wait until close to the ski show to buy, or through a home school program.  But with no ski show, and no guarantee of school groups, I went with the safe bet and got the early bird pricing.  Definitely buy now if you are considering Wachusett this season.  The Silver sold out since just this morning.  Also, they are offering full credit or deferral until opening day. 

update, only passes currently available are sr. gold and sr. bronze.  that window closed fast, but on a positive note, it sounds like pass holders will have full access to the mountain with restrictions on day passes.

• 5 weeks later...

Getting close.  The warmth will probably hold them off until close to or just after Thanksgiving.

The day after Thanksgiving used to be a very common opening day.

I'm hoping for enough outdoor heaters and storage that on a weekday morning I don't have to boot up at the car.

• 2 weeks later...

I skied yesterday morning from 9-11 and going back early this morning.

Conditions were very good for the first day.  I didn't go up Conifer, always give them a second day of grooming on that trail.

Ralphs was very nice, fairly wide coverage, narrow runoff at the bottom.

Hardly anyone there, so no liftline/COVID issues.

Lodge closed completely.  A few porta potties outside.

6 hours ago, SkiMangoJazz said:

I skied yesterday morning from 9-11 and going back early this morning.

Conditions were very good for the first day.  I didn't go up Conifer, always give them a second day of grooming on that trail.

Ralphs was very nice, fairly wide coverage, narrow runoff at the bottom.

Hardly anyone there, so no liftline/COVID issues.

Lodge closed completely.  A few porta potties outside.

I really question the strategy of closing indoor bathrooms meanwhile opening a few porta potties. Maybe if the bathrooms are in a basement it and down a narrow hallway it could help but other than that, seams like your reducing social distancing by increasing the likelihood of using the bathroom rite after someone else. And isn't washing our hands under running water much better than hand sanitizer?

I don't think that this is the long term plan, I think it might only have been for those 3 days, they may just not be quite ready inside yet.  I think they'll be operating at reduced capacity inside, but still will be open.

Yes the portapotty needs a powerful ventillator fan to be any safer than the bathroom.  Airborne.