• $615 raised

Goal: $300

Wachusett Conditions and get togethers

I was there yesterday morning 9-12.  10th is skiing very well, Smith not so much.  Conifer too is good.   Not sure when you started, but yes the Summit runs get scraped off fairly quickly.  I usually ski about ½ dozen runs off the summit from when the lifts open and then move over.

Hitchcock is definitely in great shape these days, as it usually is.  

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great to meet you today.  Will be back tomorrow and will try not to say inappropriate things to your teen.

It may be small and not steep, but they are snow making and grooming magicians!  Starting this in honor of one of my favorite threads on epicski.com.  It was started in 2006 and has been going st

just for all the nay-sayers - I hope you all pull your heads out of your assess and wear the goddamned masks and play by the rules - we are actively making funeral arrangement for my FIL who died on M

Posted Images

8 hours ago, SkiMangoJazz said:

I was there yesterday morning 9-12.  10th is skiing very well, Smith not so much.  Conifer too is good.   Not sure when you started, but yes the Summit runs get scraped off fairly quickly.  I usually ski about ½ dozen runs off the summit from when the lifts open and then move over.

Hitchcock is definitely in great shape these days, as it usually is.  

was there noon to 6....im sure its great in the morning as the edges of 10th and conifer had mounds of snow...definitely agree that smith is in rough shape...needs some good natural snow, but ill take it nevertheless!

• Like 1

Went out for a few hours in the afternoon yesterday...not overly crowded and they're continuing to make snow on the regular so conditions are improving by the day.  runs off minuteman still in the best shape.

• 4 weeks later...

was out at wachusett last tues and sat.  Mountain is 100% open and skiing great with nice packed poweder (groomed 2x a day of course) all around!  I think they now have close to a 5'+ base.  They seeded the moguls on 10th on sat and they were actually pretty good!  Lines were somewhat long both days (15-20min) but once on the slopes, didnt feel that busy.

Edited by kdaffy
  • 3 weeks later...

have been out to wachusett 5 times since i last posted, including today.  the mountain has been busy at the base every time out with the exception of this afternoon.  but it really is only evident when parking and at the lifts...once on mountain seems like much less people than you'd think.

today was a great day...spring skiing like...mashed potatoes most of the mountain, with natural bumps having developed on smith and 10th (along with seeded bumps on 10th and sundowner).

proud day today - my 5yo daughter both did her first black diamonds (she ski'd all the trails marked black today!) and also hit up the bumps on sundowner (manmade) and past the cider shack on salamander (natural)...proud dad moment of the year so far!

cider donuts for both kids as a treat - they are delicious!

Gn8AzgsgOBWgrjsX51jzwbbqXe_Ev6rsz731AvidrixvaQxI6Hv7XOh16xZskwc43ia2KJzenQ0xmSz-gf9DnYEh3gZApQhKcRv0dqKPI2G5nK1jZF__DRmwN5z5nnC5x4Xqau656Frl1wXobjB_TvqTsedi7E8Cd4D6ASIR9skPheRQ86XEo3oOiY_wqVLgSx2I40ftjk2EoXuOv2z9MeQNFjoKHVzA85dLRiE1nU6Azi80MIuTkeScYz6eFyJghaW92WEKJytTE7pWR3AGELgvYnhcF-MyiUDq9PUv8HchN8mdQnZMa2pD4yBslaR1FzHWgFoc7oxVnmYjDqlUGx4cFuQzUb4S7zINegE02DUgdf0hYoBVup2tD91A29fX4ke4SRrVohntDjs2MUhKBdrqpSVDMdm4k4Nhgs6e_ti-QXJFrAaWtMsWOgLxu_Uo44W_Uarjhrb3vVDI9J_C7B0oHqy8BJkKVVcGfwoJch0VDf3EPUgFb_uIx1_R43WdWQv6oCgO2tpWi_M8RcT9X4QuUhbDK5ms9QLsAOIsKidbNeqtgQHUfRnxEZ70UmIbZBfmr_YV1j4Lq6yBBXaHKoFvX6sAGTOw3wQG33r2YOHq_SZL9PSj9-k5qIR2S2JhMxb2CrtNywWeRHMmAM6WrlzJNJsjsNIvEmmsz0N8b7fkwt8TAql-aUBkUbY7fJw=w2736-h1540-no?authuser=0

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Wachusett was fabulous today.  No lines (probably due to the cold, but I think people are starting to wind down) perfect fast but grippy snow.

I could arc huge turns across the bottom of Challenger and almost touch the snow with no concern of anyone being on the trail with me.  Even got a couple of runs like that on Ralph's which always has people on it.

Summit skied great.  7 runs in an hour.  Like the good old days.

• Like 1

was out there sunday...what a crazy weather day...showed up around 10a, beautiful bluebird day with temps around 40.  Around noon, clouds and wind rolled in.  Winds continued to pick up as the time passed, and shortly started snowing like crazy.  Nice that it was snowing, but it was glue on the mountain.  Was with a group of kids that are still  learning and i had to pull them down the trails off sundowner.  

On a positive note, saw this posted, looking good for another month or so of skiing assuming nature cooperates:

Snowmaking in March? We did it. With the blast of cold temps we were able to resurface the upper mountain including Conifer and Tenth Mountain last night! This will ensure the best possible edge-to-edge conditions for the last 3 weeks of the season. This one of the latest days we have ever made snow in a season.

• Like 2

Skiing this week and next week look really good.  The week that ends with April 4th of course is unknown, but that's as far as they're selling tickets for right now.

Almost 3 full weeks of skiing (at least) left.

Squeeze every drop out of that grapefruit.

• Like 1

Beautiful spring skiing yesterday.  mountain still in good shape given the recent weather and how late we are in the season. not too busy either which was great. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Probably the last day for me, and potentially this nems thread.

7 trails, top to bottom skiing...went out for a few hours this afternoon lapping minuteman. Can't complain one bit. Thanks to the wachusett team for everything they did this season, as usual great season.

Edited by kdaffy
  • 4 weeks later...

Sat 20/21 out. Just bought my Steel pass woo hoo for 21/22.

It's a "steal" at $199 with reload discount and "cennedy" gps code! M-Th only - I ain't goin nowhere near Wa on Friday's anyway!

Perfect. Website was major snafu this morning but worked fine in the afternoon.

Ready for November, got 2 pair new skis and new Tecnica Mach 1 boots! Ready to roll!

Covid-19 be gone!

• Like 1

My wife wasn't patient enough to wait for the website issues to be resolved and drove to the mountain (only 15 minutes away) to buy our passes in person.   She met @SkiMangoJazz while waiting in line! What a coincidence!  Steve is part of our GPS group and she heard him say the name.

Edited by MassNerd
  • Like 1
Just now, MassNerd said:

My wife wasn't patient enough to wait for the website issues to be resolved and drove to the mountain (only 15 minutes away) to buy our passes in person.   She met @SkiMangoJazz while waiting in line! What a coincidence!  Steve is part of our GPS group and hear him say the name.

Thx again for the discount @MassNerd!

Let's fill up this thread next season and try to get all the posters in the thread together. Steel pass for me as a rhody flatlander is just perfect, and what a deal!

Friday and weekend Wa no thanks! Fantastic to have a budget price pass that fits me perfectly!

• Like 1

Yes it was a funny coincidence. We were standing next to each other, each at a different window in the process of paying.   I spelled the club name and she asked if I knew you and said you were her husband.

I bought the Senior Gold for $389.  Living :15 away I go early and late seasons, early morning on the weekends, so it's worth it.