kdaffy

Wachusett Conditions and get togethers

Wind blown a lot. They just closed polar Express...Smith to 10th, skiers far left of tenth and a salamander poach was the pick of the night

Website still says 10pm as did the morning snow report.  I'm aiming to get there around 6pm to ski with a couple friends. I wear a Grey, blue, maroon parka with grey helmet. Or find me at the bar at some point in the evening after a couple hours skiing. Wearing a grey and orange shirt. Say hi if you see me!
Asked a few people with grey helmets and maroon in their jackets if they weree massnerd...got some funny reactions...

Haha! I should have told you my real name (Brian) to make the asking less awkward!

Skiing was amazing last night. Smith was very nice. Taking the left off upper Smith, going past hole in the wall and over to the mid mountain triple is where the powder stash always is at night. Skied under the triple in untouched powder. Glorious light fluffy powder!

After the polar express closed, Challenger and Look Ma had lots of powder to the far left. The wind just kept filling in the tracks with more snow!

What a night!

Haha! I should have told you my real name (Brian) to make the asking less awkward!
Skiing was amazing last night. Smith was very nice. Taking the left off upper Smith, going past hole in the wall and over to the mid mountain triple is where the powder stash always is at night. Skied under the triple in untouched powder. Glorious light fluffy powder!
After the polar express closed, Challenger and Look Ma had lots of powder to the far left. The wind just kept filling in the tracks with more snow!
What a night!
Name probably would have been helpful....

Skiers left all over the mountain was awesome!

I'm going to Wachusett tomorrow… Should be there by 9am.

I should be easy to spot blue helmet with Alta sticker  Mad Russian skis .... say hi if like.  Maybe make a few runs

Edited by MadRussian

45 minutes ago, MadRussian said:

I should be easy to spot blue helmet with Alta sticker  Mad Russian skis .... say hi if like.  Maybe make a few runs

45 minutes ago, MadRussian said:

Fighting off the end of the flu bug. 50/50 for thursday Mike.

Likely won't be the usual first chair if I head up.....

Haven't but will be this morning.  I would think Thursday night will be great with the snow coming.  They've been cranking out snow.  I skied at Berkshire East this weekend and they were in very good shape and also got rained on.  Wachusett can recover fast even without natural snow.

I may actually be there Thursday night as well.  My avatar shows my current coat and helmet.  Will be on Stockli white SC's skiing off the MM lift.

Moguls are seeded on 10th! Mountain is skiing great and as usual the snowmaking this week really made up for most of the damage from the rain.

Unfortunately no smj sighting...

Did some Wa today. Minuteman was spot to be wall to wall perfect cord. 

Missed last 5 weeks of skiing for various reason.....gotta make up time and hit it hard till closing day!

Saw and rode the lift with my friend Mike the Mad Russian. Was pounding laps to make up for lost weeks getting chops back so I didn’t do any MR skis demos today. Graphics on the 2 pair I saw were awesome tho!

Mike had a friend who I chatted with who kinda knew who I was it seemed but in my frenzy to pound big miles to make up for lost practice I neglected to get his name.

chime in friend :)

Back to business of talking Wa it should be great tonight!!

Get some if you can!

Edited by hrstrat57

5 hours ago, hrstrat57 said:

Did some Wa today. Minuteman was spot to be wall to wall perfect cord. 

Missed last 5 weeks of skiing for various reason.....gotta make up time and hit it hard till closing day!

Saw and rode the lift with my friend Mike the Mad Russian. Was pounding laps to make up for lost weeks getting chops back so I didn’t do any MR skis demos today. Graphics on the 2 pair I saw were awesome tho!

Mike had a friend who I chatted with who kinda knew who I was it seemed but in my frenzy to pound big miles to make up for lost practice I neglected to get his name.

chime in friend :)

Back to business of talking Wa it should be great tonight!!

Get some if you can!

it was a great day indeed I wish it was more of  soft snow.... Come tomorrow we will be there again...  demo day continue for one more day

17 hours ago, MarzNC said:

Plan to be at Wachusett in the morning with @Ski-kiki, Tue, 1/30.  Also on 1/31.

I've got my white helmet, grey pants, and purple jacket.  White Absolut Joy skis.

couple friends of mine and I will be at Wachusett tomorrow 1/31 to. We should be easy to spot by Mad Russian skis.

We talked to the Parlor guys briefly today.  Easy to spot because a couple of them were wearing bright red Parlor jackets.  One boarder and three on different types of skis.  Hadn't heard of Parlor before.

Wide twin tips carving down a groomed trail . . . gives a funny impression.

4 hours ago, MadRussian said:

couple friends of mine and I will be at Wachusett tomorrow 1/31 to. We should be easy to spot by Mad Russian skis.

Will keep an eye out.  Look for two purple jackets and the white skis.  Pic is from mid-Dec.

MarzNC & Ski-kiki at Wawa Dec 2017 - 1.jpg

Edited by MarzNC

Ski’d WA yesterday - excellent. The fresh inch of snow was a big help.

A bit of new freshies this morning too.

mad Russian chubby skis should rule the hill today! Wish I could be there. I rode tenEightys yesterday 

Have fun 

12 hours ago, hrstrat57 said:

Ski’d WA yesterday - excellent. The fresh inch of snow was a big help.

A bit of new freshies this morning too.

mad Russian chubby skis should rule the hill today! Wish I could be there. I rode tenEightys yesterday 

Have fun 

it was a lot of FAN today. Don't know what whether report call for but it was probably 3 to 4 inches on the ground more in some spots.

Yep. Was all day on MR-102( chubby skis) until nothing left a stump over