kdaffy

16/17 mid fat reviews

how long?

I'm still at least a year or two out though. My Fischer Motive84 currently fill that slot. I like to get my money's worth out of my gear and I think I can get at least 1, maybe 2 more years out of them. It's a very nice ski, I like the dimensions - 175cm (127,84,114) and the flex, it's just a little heavy.

Sent from my XT1565 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

13 minutes ago, deadheadskier said:

I'm still at least a year or two out though. My Fischer Motive84 currently fill that slot. I like to get my money's worth out of my gear and I think I can get at least 1, maybe 2 more years out of them. It's a very nice ski, I like the dimensions - 175cm (127,84,114) and the flex, it's just a little heavy.

even better. I'll save that design for the future

We will have time next season to go through full designing process With day on the snow

^^^^You should really think hard about what you want. I've had great results with these skis and quite a few days on them.

I personally would suggest something a bit flexier than my current setup as you're a bump skier and shorter for those tight tight Wildcat trees. I'm pretty sure its a bonus to mishka if you know the binding you want to place on the ski ahead of time as this would have helped with my first pair . I plan on getting a another full season out of both of those models and likely reup next year.

In terms of bindings, I definitely prefer a flat mount low profile binding like my Salomon WTR on my Steadfasts. (That despite me blowing them out that one day with you and Mike).

I know Mishka is big into adjustable demo bindings, but I don't care to be raised off the ski like that. The aforementioned Fischers have a system binding. My other ski is a my Vagabonds which have Dukes on them. Both are too raised up and too heavy.

I like my feet being as close to the snow as possible. I find it provides so much more feedback to my feet on snow conditions.

Only instance I'd want any sort of plate would be for racing to provide additional leverage over my edges

23 minutes ago, deadheadskier said:

In terms of bindings, I definitely prefer a flat mount low profile binding like my Salomon WTR on my Steadfasts. (That despite me blowing them out that one day with you and Mike).

I know Mishka is big into adjustable demo bindings, but I don't care to be raised off the ski like that. The aforementioned Fischers have a system binding. My other ski is a my Vagabonds which have Dukes on them. Both are too raised up and too heavy.

I like my feet being as close to the snow as possible. I find it provides so much more feedback to my feet on snow conditions.

Only instance I'd want any sort of plate would be for racing to provide additional leverage over my edges

I really enjoy skis with the bindings mounted flat.  They allow for better read in changing conditions, quicker turning and allow me to smear a turn faster in soft snow.  I don't think skis with raised up bindings ski anything but groomers well.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, deadheadskier said:

marker schizo and Aaattak 13 really low and flat same height as in same not adjustable binding. schizo very simple to adjust without changing forward pressure. Aaattack need no tools.

MadRussian skis have progressive delta build into the skis and performance sensitive to binding position mostly depends on skier boat size

12 hours ago, SkiBearded! said:

I really enjoy skis with the bindings mounted flat.  They allow for better read in changing conditions, quicker turning and allow me to smear a turn faster in soft snow.  I don't think skis with raised up bindings ski anything but groomers well.  

I really noticed this when I changed out my Marker Dukes for the Rossi/Look Pivots. Completely changed how the Gotama's performed !

7 hours ago, MadRussian said:

marker schizo and Aaattak 13 really low and flat same height as in same not adjustable binding. schizo very simple to adjust without changing forward pressure. Aaattack need no tools.

MadRussian skis have progressive delta build into the skis and performance sensitive to binding position mostly depends on skier boat size

Sounds like a man who really knows his gear. The new official custom ski builder of Northeast Mountain Sports. I can't wait for the demo day.

Sounds like a man who really knows his gear. The new official custom ski builder of Northeast Mountain Sports. I can't wait for the demo day.

It's true, MadRussian/Mishka/Mike really knows his stuff. And he is incredibly innovative. I skied a few of his models in 2013 and absolutely loved them. That was in his early days, so I can only imagine how much he has improved.

Also, his design process is truly custom. I had considered building/buying some of his skis. He worked with me over the course of several months to tweak shapes, flex patterns, and graphic designs (his graphics approach is totally innovative, I'll let him talk about that).

I never did follow through with the build. Only for 2 reasons:
1) I wanted to build a snowboard more than skis.
2) I wanted to do most of the hands-on work myself instead of having someone do it for me.
I ended up building my own snowboard at the PowderJets shop.

I still look forward to owning some MR skis in the future, and cannot recommend them enough.

5 hours ago, Weatherman said:

thank you.  Maybe i/we should start separate thread to keep all related discussion with in the same place. I'm all for demo days:434_ski:

6 minutes ago, MadRussian said:

thank you.  Maybe i/we should start separate thread to keep all related discussion with in the same place. I'm all for demo days:434_ski:

Agree.  You should have a thread for your stuff.

4 hours ago, Cannonballer said:

It's true, MadRussian/Mishka/Mike really knows his stuff. And he is incredibly innovative. I skied a few of his models in 2013 and absolutely loved them. That was in his early days, so I can only imagine how much he has improved.

Also, his design process is truly custom. I had considered building/buying some of his skis. He worked with me over the course of several months to tweak shapes, flex patterns, and graphic designs (his graphics approach is totally innovative, I'll let him talk about that).

I never did follow through with the build. Only for 2 reasons:
1) I wanted to build a snowboard more than skis.
2) I wanted to do most of the hands-on work myself instead of having someone do it for me.
I ended up building my own snowboard at the PowderJets shop.

I still look forward to owning some MR skis in the future, and cannot recommend them enough.

hey stranger. Long time no see. I was wondering where you went.

Thank you for kind words. Yes a lot has Change you should stop by my Facebook page sometimes.

btw you still can go for 1 and 2 and have your own mad Russian skis or snowboard… Yes snowboard this year I'm building first one

I started a new thread for this at 

http://www.northeastmountainsports.com/index.php?/topic/138-Mad-Russian-Skis-(and-snowboards)-thread

Edited by Cannonballer