Catherine

Bomb Cyclone

5 hours ago, 2manyhobbies said:

We have a Honda EU3000iS. We have gas hot water and two Rinnai direct vent furnaces. It's enough to run those, the fridge, and a couple of lamps. It's not as convenient as a whole house generator, especially when it's -10F out, but it does the job.

How do you like the Rinnai's? Our 250 year old barn has one and I just started using it last week. A little worried about the electric bill but the thing just sips the propane.

4 minutes ago, Flying Yeti said:

How do you like the Rinnai's? Our 250 year old barn has one and I just started using it last week. A little worried about the electric bill but the thing just sips the propane.

We like them. We have one in the cellar and one on the main floor. Our house is older (late '70s) and only had electric baseboard. We added the Rinnai's and they keep the house comfortable on their own and use less electric than running the baseboard heat. The fact that you can program them to go up or down during different hours of the day really helps.

8 hours ago, 2manyhobbies said:

We have a Honda EU3000iS. We have gas hot water and two Rinnai direct vent furnaces. It's enough to run those, the fridge, and a couple of lamps. It's not as convenient as a whole house generator, especially when it's -10F out, but it does the job.

Thanks for the info.  Checking it out on Amazon now. 

My race league is composed of a bunch of pansies. The race on Saturday and race clinic tomorrow is cancelled. What is Plan B? Need suggestions for options in NH or western Maine.

My race league is composed of a bunch of pansies. The race on Saturday and race clinic tomorrow is cancelled. What is Plan B? Need suggestions for options in NH or western Maine.

For what it’s worth, we had a race at Wildcat a 5-6 years ago and the temp in the negatives. It was horrible hanging out and even more horrible for the folks working the race. Calling it off was the right thing to do.

In other news, Cranmore was pretty amazing today.

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

2 minutes ago, lsrocket26 said:

For what it’s worth, we had a race at Wildcat a 5-6 years ago and the temp in the negatives. It was horrible hanging out and even more horrible for the folks working the race. Calling it off was the right thing to do.

In other news, Cranmore was pretty amazing today.

I think the league has been taken over by wimps. It's a race, and cold means fast.

What should I do? Drive up tonight? Wait until early morning? Where should I go? Most places are in play, except for Cannon or Waterville as I have no passes there. Just about everywhere else though I have tickets / a pass to burn...

Ragged, Crotched, Gunstock, Loon, Bretton Woods, Cranmore, King Pine, Shawnee Peak, Black (NH), Attitash, Wildcat, or Sunday River.

I think the league has been taken over by wimps. It's a race, and cold means fast.
What should I do? Drive up tonight? Wait until early morning? Where should I go? Most places are in play, except for Cannon or Waterville as I have no passes there. Just about everywhere else though I have tickets / a pass to burn...
Ragged, Crotched, Gunstock, Loon, Bretton Woods, Cranmore, King Pine, Shawnee Peak, Black (NH), Attitash, Wildcat, or Sunday River.

Leaning towards bretton woods tomorrow there glades should be in good shape. Afraid the $10 cranmore day will attract too many people. All set with lift lines.

22 minutes ago, lsrocket26 said:

Leaning towards bretton woods tomorrow there glades should be in good shape. Afraid the $10 cranmore day will attract too many people. All set with lift lines.

I had a similar reaction. On the surface Cranmore seemed like a good idea except for that. Upon deeper thought Attitash and Bretton Woods are looking better.

1 hour ago, lsrocket26 said:

Planning on Cannon if the wind isnt crazy, if it is well be heading to BW....lol see you at BW

FWIW Cannon was absolutely awesome this afternoon. Best day of the season so far. Tomorrow AM should be terrific (minus potential wind issues)

Edit 7:55pm. wind just went mental in Lincoln. Could be rough tomorrow.

• Like 2