14 minutes ago, Puck it said:

Keep the same name since it PO'ed some people.

Nicely done. When I drive by last weekend the hill still looked well covered. Comparing it to Wildcat, you can really see the benefit of Cannon's renewed snowmaking prowess. Just typing that sentence seems wrong.

Just now, Flying Yeti said:

Can it be titled the "Dlague Free" thread?

No, don;t draw any attention...that will just provoke him to post more about the EC ski scene. He will feel special a thread is named after him.

1 minute ago, xwhaler said:

No, don;t draw any attention...that will just provoke him to post more about the EC ski scene. He will feel special a thread is named after him.

I don't think he has been spotted over here yet.

31 minutes ago, Puck it said:

Lague might be fun to have a round.

I encourage you to reach out to people you know to bring them into the fold. I don't want to be spamming other forums recruiting people.

I had a shit load of fun over there this year but I cannot justify the cost. I would love to ski there more and with the other options it's a good value just not a GREAT value for me. If it was more inline with the other multi-mountain passes I'd jump on it. 

3 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I had a shit load of fun over there this year but I cannot justify the cost. I would love to ski there more and with the other options it's a good value just not a GREAT value for me. If it was more inline with the other multi-mountain passes I'd jump on it. 

The White Mountain Superpass is just not a good value anymore compared to other options. Compared to the mountains in its collective, it is a great value, but not compared to Max or Peak or anything.

As a non-NH resident, Cannon Passes are more expensive than those multi mountain options too. The return of the Fox 44 Card makes for a nice trip to Cannon at a pretty cheap cost at least.

1 minute ago, Jully said:

The White Mountain Superpass is just not a good value anymore compared to other options. Compared to the mountains in its collective, it is a great value, but not compared to Max or Peak or anything.

As a non-NH resident, Cannon Passes are more expensive than those multi mountain options too. The return of the Fox 44 Card makes for a nice trip to Cannon at a pretty cheap cost at least.

That is exactly my point, understanding the benefit to in-state residents since it is state run but it would be a great option if the cost was a little lower. The 93 corridor is easier travelling than 16. I do love MWV and it would be a hard conversation if it was cheaper than it is now. 

I'm in the same boat. If the White Mountain Superpass was comparable in price to Peaks, I'd consider it. Even the NH resident Cannon only pass is more expensive than a full Peaks pass.

Thankfully Cannon does offer some of the better early and late season deals + midweek specials. I've also been fortunate to have Puckit and crew hook me up over the years. I'd love it if Wildcat/Peaks offered similarly competitive day ticket deals as Cannon to entice more friends to come over there from time to time.

Sent from my XT1565 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

1 minute ago, xwhaler said:

the 1st 2 Saturdays in December at Cannon are always 50% off

Canned Food Drive and USMC Toy Drive

There are definite ways to get there for less, it was more about seasonal pass pricing I am referring to. I skied there for $40 which was respectable for a Saturday  

24 minutes ago, deadheadskier said:

I'm in the same boat. If the White Mountain Superpass was comparable in price to Peaks, I'd consider it. Even the NH resident Cannon only pass is more expensive than a full Peaks pass.

Thankfully Cannon does offer some of the better early and late season deals + midweek specials. I've also been fortunate to have Puckit and crew hook me up over the years. I'd love it if Wildcat/Peaks offered similarly competitive day ticket deals as Cannon to entice more friends to come over there from time to time.

Sent from my XT1565 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Ditto. If it were the same price, I'd even consider getting both the Peaks Pass and White Mountain Super Pass. I ski both sets of mountains enough to make it worthwhile But the market has diverged sharply from the Super Pass pricing.

The only thing I can figure is that due to easy 93 access for Cannon (Waterville and BW too), the season pass products are priced banking on people willing to pay for the convenience. 

9 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

That and BW fancies itself as an upscale ski area LOL.

This. The BW-only pass is nearly as much as the Super Pass. I figure they are the ones that push up the price.

Bottom line of all this:  Cannon used to be the best value in NH (maybe in New England).  Now it's possibly the worst.

On the other hand, I already bought my Cannon pass for next year. So apparently they know their market.