3 minutes ago, BumpOut said:

I rarely ski Profile (and I rarely ski Cannon for that matter!).  To my eye, Profile is about as boring as a groomer can get.  That trail should really be a bump run.

As a Cannon regular I cant say its one of my Favorites but in that same token there have been days its been a blast.

We actually enjoyed it a few times this year !  It may have been Bumped up and loaded with powder or Corn on those particular days !

I'd love to help write it but I'm not very good at that type of thing. I'm better suited to making edits to something that already exists. 

I like profile but that's probably because I like to see how close I can get to tuna speed. Under the guns one day this year on profile was awesome too

38 minutes ago, fcksummer said:

I'd love to help write it but I'm not very good at that type of thing. I'm better suited to making edits to something that already exists. 

I like profile but that's probably because I like to see how close I can get to tuna speed. Under the guns one day this year on profile was awesome too

I'm resigned to starting all of the guides myself and hoping others build them out from there. Maine is complete and I'm working my way through New Hampshire. I finished my first pass at Cannon, so please use it as a starting point to correct and build out from there. I only ski Cannon a couple times per year so I am far from an expert. You can expect similar vagueness to come from the rest to be built.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BumpOut said:

I rarely ski Profile (and I rarely ski Cannon for that matter!).  To my eye, Profile is about as boring as a groomer can get.  That trail should really be a bump run.

They do let it get bumped up sometimes

58 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:

No more hassles at Z-bar

beard1.jpg

PERFECT !          Holds 72oz too !!

Do you think they would catch on with us all wearing them when we came back to the car ?

17 minutes ago, ABV said:

Do you think they would catch on with us all wearing them when we came back to the car ?

But it looks so realistic, how would they notice??  If they come in grey maybe we can get a bulk discount. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2017 at 4:55 PM, Cannonballer said:

But it looks so realistic, how would they notice??  If they come in grey maybe we can get a bulk discount. 

Bunch of Grey  beards hanging out at Zoomer, we'd still get in trouble for something  !

1 hour ago, ABV said:

Bunch of Grey  beards hanging out at Zoomer, we'd still get in trouble for something  !

With hot dogs in your pockets. Nothing suspicious there at all. 

2 minutes ago, Flying Yeti said:

With hot dogs in your pockets. Nothing suspicious there at all. 

No the Dogs go on the grill Yeti ! But most likely the grill will be banned next year !

11-20 Update:
Snowmaking continues top-to-bottom! Guns are running on Upper Cannon, Tramway, Bypass, Rock Garden, Lower Turnpike, Lower Cannon, Gremlin and Brookside. We'll shut down Tuesday as temps rise but we'll be back at it Wednesday and if things keep moving in our favor, we expect opening day to be top-to-bottom and we'll have multiple routes off of upper and mid-mountain down to the Peabody base area. No one here (even the 40+ year veterans) can remember the last time Cannon ever has opened top-to-bottom) So this could be a first! If things go extra super duper well, we could also have trails on the Front5 open with snowmaking in progress but we'll have to see how things shake out. Regardless, this Friday is sure to be a truly legendary opening day at Cannon!

Opening Day Goals:
16-23 trails off Brookside, Peabody, Eagle Cliff, Cannonball and MAYBE Zoomer - stay tuned!

Looks like Cannon is killing it. The snowmaking system they got last year is just awesome.

The Bold & Beautiful Pass is tempting.  $399 midweek until Nov 30 when it goes up $20.  
And you get weekends early and late season! I did it a couple years when I had more flexibility, it was great.

Solid opening for Cannon, very nice today. Quite impressive amount of open terrain for first weekend. We are spoiled after years and years of Middle Cannon to Gremlin for only a single open route most years). Plenty of soft bumps on the lower mountain. A bit firm but not completely awful upper mountain. I think I skied six runs and never took the same route twice (though, of course, I did ski some of the same trails two or three times). 

• Like 2

When is the canned food/toy drive day for cheap tickets?
Let me Google.... Never mind here you go....

2 separate things. 12/2 is the canned food drive. 50% off Tix on THAT DAY. 12/9 is bring a toy and get a discounted ticket. They haven't announced what that discount will be. In the past it was a 50% off ticket good through December.
  • Like 1