Cannon Lover's Thread

14 minutes ago, Puck it said:

Keep the same name since it PO'ed some people.

Nicely done. When I drive by last weekend the hill still looked well covered. Comparing it to Wildcat, you can really see the benefit of Cannon's renewed snowmaking prowess. Just typing that sentence seems wrong.

3 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I had a shit load of fun over there this year but I cannot justify the cost. I would love to ski there more and with the other options it's a good value just not a GREAT value for me. If it was more inline with the other multi-mountain passes I'd jump on it. 

The White Mountain Superpass is just not a good value anymore compared to other options. Compared to the mountains in its collective, it is a great value, but not compared to Max or Peak or anything.

As a non-NH resident, Cannon Passes are more expensive than those multi mountain options too. The return of the Fox 44 Card makes for a nice trip to Cannon at a pretty cheap cost at least.

1 minute ago, Jully said:

The White Mountain Superpass is just not a good value anymore compared to other options. Compared to the mountains in its collective, it is a great value, but not compared to Max or Peak or anything.

As a non-NH resident, Cannon Passes are more expensive than those multi mountain options too. The return of the Fox 44 Card makes for a nice trip to Cannon at a pretty cheap cost at least.

That is exactly my point, understanding the benefit to in-state residents since it is state run but it would be a great option if the cost was a little lower. The 93 corridor is easier travelling than 16. I do love MWV and it would be a hard conversation if it was cheaper than it is now. 

I'm in the same boat. If the White Mountain Superpass was comparable in price to Peaks, I'd consider it. Even the NH resident Cannon only pass is more expensive than a full Peaks pass.

Thankfully Cannon does offer some of the better early and late season deals + midweek specials. I've also been fortunate to have Puckit and crew hook me up over the years. I'd love it if Wildcat/Peaks offered similarly competitive day ticket deals as Cannon to entice more friends to come over there from time to time.

Sent from my XT1565 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

24 minutes ago, deadheadskier said:

I'm in the same boat. If the White Mountain Superpass was comparable in price to Peaks, I'd consider it. Even the NH resident Cannon only pass is more expensive than a full Peaks pass.

Thankfully Cannon does offer some of the better early and late season deals + midweek specials. I've also been fortunate to have Puckit and crew hook me up over the years. I'd love it if Wildcat/Peaks offered similarly competitive day ticket deals as Cannon to entice more friends to come over there from time to time.

Sent from my XT1565 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Ditto. If it were the same price, I'd even consider getting both the Peaks Pass and White Mountain Super Pass. I ski both sets of mountains enough to make it worthwhile But the market has diverged sharply from the Super Pass pricing.