Flying Yeti

2017 Summer Improvements/Expansions

Just now, Flying Yeti said:

Essentially, there are about 5-6 chutes in there depending which way you take, there is one that can bring you all the way down to the top of West Lift and around Super Nova.The stuff out to the east is much longer and can bring you all the way down to Big Dipper. I'm sure the Flying Rabbi and the beavers over there are clearing a lot more out this summer. That whole place has become a big glade.  These signs exist for a reason. 

18195876_10213240467710490_1829809899_o.jpg?oh=ec7456edd66d21ea3e6231663ac4dcd8&oe=5903E9AE

Nice! Are those actually posted? Or just a souvenir?

Just now, Jully said:

Hold up... a vineyard?? What is happening over there.

It's crazy. The whole landscape is changing there.  This winter they completed the ice skating rink that wraps around an outdoor heated pool and firepit. 16e2f38b_z.jpg.8ffae616f6ca8151ccb5ad1a0e0bb380.jpg

3 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:

It's crazy. The whole landscape is changing there.  This winter they completed the ice skating rink that wraps around an outdoor heated pool and firepit. 16e2f38b_z.jpg.8ffae616f6ca8151ccb5ad1a0e0bb380.jpg

@Puck itYou seeing this shit?

6 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Nice! Are those actually posted? Or just a souvenir?

I haven't been there in about 3 years. There used to be wooden signs around the woods and one right off the Rocket for "Wild Bill's Chute" which is now Blastoff on the map I believe. I'm actually a bit surprised they have not put a fence or something up around the entrance given the amount of kids that ski it in low tide conditions.

Edited by Flying Yeti

2 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Oh, sell signs to a out-of-bounds ski section. That is not condoning it or anything. :D

CM doesn't really hide or discourage West Ledges or their other off map stuff. They have signage in those areas indicating the woods are accessible but to ski in groups of 3 or something.

1 hour ago, Weatherman said:

Wait. This is Loon? Unbelievable. I expect that posh stuff in Vermont, but have been proud of it being missing in the Granite State.

Missing in the granite state except for Loon now I guess... I knew it was going upscale, but had no idea it was THIS upscale.

Hahaha, I gave him one in the lot of Magic before lifts spun on a random Friday. Friend from RI brings them up whenever he comes. One of those secret/under the radar beers.

Edited by Flying Yeti
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Puff piece on Attitash:

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/newsx/131122-attitash-begins-snowmaking-upgrade

They are getting some new snowmaking pipe. That looks to be it.

Also bringing in ICE agents to deport people who skin up. BeardedLady has gone missing since making that thread. I fear the worst. 

Puff piece on Attitash:
http://www.conwaydailysun.com/newsx/131122-attitash-begins-snowmaking-upgrade
They are getting some new snowmaking pipe. That looks to be it.

I messaged them on Facebook to see which trails specifically were getting new pipe, but the response was vague like that article.

My hope would be on Gawm and that it gets used annually, but somehow I doubt it. Getting more fixed grip tower guns added to trails like Upper Ptarmigan would be welcome as well.

Sent from my XT1565 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

6 hours ago, deadheadskier said:

I messaged them on Facebook to see which trails specifically were getting new pipe, but the response was vague like that article.

My hope would be on Gawm and that it gets used annually, but somehow I doubt it. Getting more fixed grip tower guns added to trails like Upper Ptarmigan would be welcome as well.

Gawm is a "pipe" dream! (You see what I did there). It says adding air and water to early season favorites, does Saco need upgraded pipe? Middle Ptarmigan would be nice with some snowmaking for base building!

8 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Gawm is a "pipe" dream! (You see what I did there). It says adding air and water to early season favorites, does Saco need upgraded pipe? Middle Ptarmigan would be nice with some snowmaking for base building!

Saco and Northwest Passage are the two obvious choices.

1 minute ago, deadheadskier said:

Those both should get Fan guns. Two busiest upper mountain trails on the Attitash side. It seems that fan guns resurface trails better and faster than traditional guns.

That's the truth. They do a great job on Illusion. But I think they're a lot more money to install.

I've heard in the neighborhood of $20K per fan gun + running electric utility. It's definitely an expensive endeavor. I just know my go to trail at Attitash when conditions suck is Spillway because of the fan guns that are used so frequently on the trail. Having them on Northwest Passage would be huge.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, deadheadskier said:

I've heard in the neighborhood of $20K per fan gun + running electric utility. It's definitely an expensive endeavor. I just know my go to trail at Attitash when conditions suck is Spillway because of the fan guns that are used so frequently on the trail. Having them on Northwest Passage would be huge.

Spillway is a good choice. The snow there is probably the most consistent. Part of that might be because it is tucked out of the way.