fcksummer

Post Your Favorite Pics of 16/17 Season

I actually love the amount of civilization in the area and have often thought about whether I could live there. Good selection of restaurants and enough stores in the valley with the basics that you need on a weekly basis. The biggest concern I have is finding a job that pays close to what I make in NJ.
I'm amazed how a few pictures by me of Sugarbush has completely derailed this thread into a discussion on where to live instead of favorite pics of the season!

Surprised? Oh look! Something shiny...

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

5 hours ago, cdskier said:

I actually love the amount of civilization in the area and have often thought about whether I could live there. Good selection of restaurants and enough stores in the valley with the basics that you need on a weekly basis. The biggest concern I have is finding a job that pays close to what I make in NJ.

I'm amazed how a few pictures by me of Sugarbush has completely derailed this thread into a discussion on where to live instead of favorite pics of the season!

If the kids were gone and out of college and on their own I could maybe downsize and make less than I do now but still another 8 years before that is even possible. Run on sentence...

7 hours ago, Weatherman said:

My domestic dictator is not the problem. She was getting recruited for a job in Berlin, NH that paid substantially more than she makes in Boston. For skilled medical staff they pay crazy money in rural northern NH because they can't get anyone to move up there. All the candidates ask the same question: "What will my spouse do for a living?" They told her the standard answer: nothing. That is why they pay so much up there, and that we could live at a higher standing on her salary alone up there than on two incomes in Boston.

What are you waiting for!?

On May 2, 2017 at 10:54 PM, Jully said:

Where are you in those pics? Those are absolutely incredible, especially the first one!

April 9 Mad River Glen. Fall line

• Like 1

As to the previous derailment, I'm from the Upper Valley, and I'd happily live there again.  IMO, it has perhaps the easiest access to the highest number of quality ski areas in New England.  Most everything worth skiing is within 1.5 hours.

I'd also love to live in N.VT to be close to what I consider the best skiing in the northeast.

(Struggling to figure out how to post images. Not totally sure how I inserted these.)

A couple shots from this season:

plattekill-skier-2.jpg

Skiing Stella at Plattekill

duck.jpg

Stella Leftovers at Gore 5 Days later

• Like 1

First trip to Taos, February 2017

View from the middle of Main Street on Kachina Peak

5a0fa91014b00_TaosKachinaFeb2017-2.thumb.jpg.52e5ee74724df33a59719bd176a0c979.jpg

Edelweiss Glade

5a0fa91d12ccd_TREdelweissGlade.thumb.jpg.6789715e63b7e74712f29b27665a54cc.jpg

Listening to Jean Mayer after ski lifts closed (either Sat or Sun), part of a weekly series, mostly locals or regulars in the audience

5a0fa925b7bcb_TRJeanMayer.thumb.jpg.f5e7a796492941e7b14880c87589e579.jpg