Flying Yeti

Ryan's Beer Thread

Locked and loaded after last week's trip to Stowe. Tried the Farmer's Daughter, Focal, Beelze, etc. and they did nothing for me. Definitely made me appreciate all the beer variety in western Mass. Specifically Building 8.

No automatic alt text available.

Edited by Flying Yeti

I like it. TBH there are so many good IPAs and DIPAs out there these days that I don't really get too excited about any one in particular. That's a change from just 3-4 years ago when stuff from the Alchemist, Treehouse, Lawson's etc were so far out ahead of the pack.

Everyone has upped their game. That's a good thing. The only thing I wish coincided with that is more reasonable pricing. I'd love to see a more mass produced great IPA available for $10-12 a four pack.

I do definitely enjoy Focal though. If I were just planning on having a couple of cans, Heady would be my choice of the two. If I want to down a whole four pack, I'd go with Focal. I find it more drinkable.

Sent from my XT1565 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

9 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Wait, what! Your club has a kegerator?? Gadzooks 

Of course. Holds three kegs, but has two taps. Notice the custom built bar surrounding the kegerator. What kind of rookies do you think we are?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Flying Yeti said:

Future-Mrs stopped at the store up the street and got "some session in a cool looking can". This was it...lol18195558_10213255371723081_249725173_o.jpg?oh=9ad26b5ed21ed584cd89e60d8620a3ab&oe=59064845

Not that she wasn't already but, she's a keeper buddy! 

Every trip to Sunday River requires a stop at the Good Food Store. Amazing sandwiches, local food, and a great local beer selection. Mason's Hipster Apocalypse. Pretty tasty lighter dry hopped IPA. Only 5.7, but plenty of flavor.IMG_20170429_161413478_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

I need to find a good Dunkel since I had them in Switzerland kinda hooked.  A good Bock would be good too this time of year