Jump to content
Flying Yeti

Ryan's Beer Thread

Recommended Posts



Screw European beers!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app


Word. I hated French and Swiss beer, but enjoy German and Italian.

I am in New Haven for two nights. I drank a lot of Sea Hag tonight. A blast from the past. I went to GPSCY again. I was not emotionally prepared for it. I feel entirely too positive about Connecticut at the moment. Damn nostalgia!


Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Weatherman said:


Word. I hated French and Swiss beer, but enjoy German and Italian.

I am in New Haven for two nights. I drank a lot of Sea Hag tonight. A blast from the past. I went to GPSCY again. I was not emotionally prepared for it. I feel entirely too positive about Connecticut at the moment. Damn nostalgia!


Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Thimble Island puts out some decent stuff. My favorite when visiting the in-laws. For some reason I can get Great North in CT but not western Mass. 

Discovered Brewster Jack's "Hoppiness is a Warm Pun", definitely worth a try. It will be my summer beer for sure. Super juicy New England DIPA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Friday night and homeboy got stuff to celebrate and Kushner is the thread that makes Great Leader fall apart. Got some SOS and also discovered this. A 9% silky smooth DIPA, Solar Plexus. Absolutely dangerous.

 

 

18741617_10213521563177701_14494871_n.jpg

Edited by Flying Yeti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Killen a few from 6 points tonight  ! Alternating between Puff and Resin....2+2=good buzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Puff > Hi Res. I had Hi Res last year and thought I was drinking barely wine. Some nice pine to Puff that goes bitter. 

 

We were camping in the middle of nowhere last night and owls kept the dog awake which kept us awake. If I had a beer right now I would fall asleep. So it is a Suffering Bastard evening, 1.5 gin + 1.5  Jim Beam + bitters + diet  ginger beer. If I hear a fucking owl tonight I swear...

Related image

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2017 at 7:02 PM, deadheadskier said:


Everyone has upped their game. That's a good thing. The only thing I wish coincided with that is more reasonable pricing. I'd love to see a more mass produced great IPA available for $10-12 a four pack.

Sent from my XT1565 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app
 

Wait! What? How much do you pay for a four pack now if you are considering $10-12 being reasonable?  I find lots of great IPAs for that price for the 6 pack.  I do agree with you, there are so many on the market now and it is hard to keep track, however, I do have a few favorites.

 

The sad part, is Anheuser-Busch Inbev buying many and not changing the name to clutter the markets.  For example, Craft Brew Alliance which owns 5 breweries is one third owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev.  Read here, look at the brands section and avoid them - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anheuser-Busch_InBev

 

And .... they are not done yet!

Edited by dblskifanatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dblskifanatic said:

Wait! What? How much do you pay for a four pack now if you are considering $10-12 being reasonable?  I find lots of great IPAs for that price for the 6 pack.  I do agree with you, there are so many on the market now and it is hard to keep track, however, I do have a few favorites.

 

The sad part, is Anheuser-Busch Inbev buying many and not changing the name to clutter the markets.  For example, Craft Brew Alliance which owns 5 breweries is one third owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev.  Read here, look at the brands section and avoid them - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anheuser-Busch_InBev

 

And .... they are not done yet!

I should have specified that 16 oz cans in the four packs, so almost as much volume as is in a traditional six pack.  64oz vs 72oz

There are good IPAs in the 10-$12 range, but not what I would define as "great."   All of the top producing big hitters (Heady Topper, Lawson's, Bissell Bros, Treehouse,  Trillium etc. )  all charge in the neighborhood of $15-$20+ for a four pack of 16 ounce cans.   Night Shift would be a great brewery that falls on the lower end of the price point.  I think I've paid somewhere in the $13-14 range for some of their IPAs.  Two Roads I think is in that range too.  But, then you have companies like Ballast Point which are producing HUGE volume now and there prices are still $14+ a six pack.  

So, compared to all of these listed above, something in the $10-12 range for a four pack would be a great bargain. 

Edited by deadheadskier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wait! What? How much do you pay for a four pack now if you are considering $10-12 being reasonable?  I find lots of great IPAs for that price for the 6 pack.  I do agree with you, there are so many on the market now and it is hard to keep track, however, I do have a few favorites.
 
The sad part, is Anheuser-Busch Inbev buying many and not changing the name to clutter the markets.  For example, Craft Brew Alliance which owns 5 breweries is one third owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev.  Read here, look at the brands section and avoid them - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anheuser-Busch_InBev
 
And .... they are not done yet!

That sucks, just looked at the list and 10 Barrel is the first one. Their Apacolipes IPA is very good and carried at the bar down the street from my house. Looks like I have to cross that one off my list. I do all I can to not drink Inbev brews whenever its avoidable

Sent from my XT1565 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Infinite Dreams said:


That sucks, just looked at the list and 10 Barrel is the first one. Their Apacolipes IPA is very good and carried at the bar down the street from my house. Looks like I have to cross that one off my list. I do all I can to not drink Inbev brews whenever its avoidable

Sent from my XT1565 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app
 

I saw that too.  Their Joe IPA is pretty good too.  I also stopped drinking Breckinridge, and Elysian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, deadheadskier said:

I should have specified that 16 oz cans in the four packs, so almost as much volume as is in a traditional six pack.  64oz vs 72oz

There are good IPAs in the 10-$12 range, but not what I would define as "great."   All of the top producing big hitters (Heady Topper, Lawson's, Bissell Bros, Treehouse,  Trillium etc. )  all charge in the neighborhood of $15-$20+ for a four pack of 16 ounce cans.   Night Shift would be a great brewery that falls on the lower end of the price point.  I think I've paid somewhere in the $13-14 range for some of their IPAs.  Two Roads I think is in that range too.  But, then you have companies like Ballast Point which are producing HUGE volume now and there prices are still $14+ a six pack.  

So, compared to all of these listed above, something in the $10-12 range for a four pack would be a great bargain. 

 

I enjoy Ballast Point Unfiltered Sculpin which is $12 a six pack here.  That has been my ski beer for the past two weekends but time to switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their regular Sculpin is anywhere from $14-16 out here. I enjoy it a lot, but now pass on it ever since they were bought out by I believe Corona.

In most areas of life I try and avoid supporting large corporations. Don't do the big beer companies (even Sam Adams), no chain restaurants etc.

Sent from my XT1565 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deadheadskier said:

Their regular Sculpin is anywhere from $14-16 out here. I enjoy it a lot, but now pass on it ever since they were bought out by I believe Corona.

In most areas of life I try and avoid supporting large corporations. Don't do the big beer companies (even Sam Adams), no chain restaurants etc.

Sent from my XT1565 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app
 

And Corona is owned by - you guessed it AB Inbev.  I agree with your POV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Mobile Apps available!

Please try our mobile apps for iOS and Android

×