Flying Yeti

Ryan's Beer Thread

So who was at Castle Island yesterday around 3PM?

The wife and I stopped in real quick to buy a couple 4 packs because we were driving by...

Saw a blue VW Wagon with a NMS sticker on the back as we were pulling out.

Sorry I missed you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smellytele said:

A little after skiing beer. Dry-Hopped Erastus this batch was 9%

schilling.jpg

No kidding ! Didnt know they sold that in Crowlers !! Good stuff !

On 1/19/2018 at 10:28 AM, xwhaler said:

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/20180118/smuttynose-owners-open-up-about-impending-sale

Seems the $ they spent on the bottling line was mis guided when the industry was trending towards cans.
I've eaten there once before and while it was a nice space I wasn't too impressed with the food/service/portion sizes. It's in a weird, hard to get to location and it seems unnecessarily large for their 1st brewpub

Finest Kind (and Kindest Find if you can find it) are great though

On 1/19/2018 at 11:34 AM, Smellytele said:

The portsmouth brewery is not for sale and plans to stay open. So they are kind of separate but kind of not.

And now it looks like the whole ball of wax is on the block....  http://nhpr.org/post/smuttynose-brewing-company-auction-friday#stream/0

19 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Any idea who won?

Sent from my XT1650 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Bank has it for now.  Then "Immediately following the auction, Norman Rice of New Castle Capital Group said he is leading a group that has an agreement to acquire the assets of Smuttynose Brewing Co. Rice said he wants to keep the Smuttynose brand alive and the brewery operating."

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/20180309/bank-takes-control-of-smuttynose-brewing-co

On 2/27/2018 at 8:56 AM, Infinite Dreams said:

Vitamin Sea - Alone and Adrift, cannot wait for these guys to officially open as a brewery, currently just a home brewer who cans some. IMG_20180226_205000255_BURST001.jpg

How does a homebrewer go about making cans happen?  Also, how do I get to taste that?

How does a homebrewer go about making cans happen?  Also, how do I get to taste that?
They have been putting out cans now for about a year. I just started getting an occasional 4 pack the last two or three months, a total of 12 cans. They are close to opening a taproom (fall 18) in Waymouth, or so the rumors have it.

Also drank a couple Lawson's sip of sunshines on tap at Tap 25 in Stowe and a couple of Hills Farmstead Edwards at the Prohibition Pig in Waterbury. Tap 25 had some great bbq chicken wings also.

• Like 1

Grabbed some cans at Wegman's yesterday for some storm drinking today.

Down The Road - Citra Puckwudgie...

Pass...

:1315_thumbsdown_tone1::1315_thumbsdown_tone1:

Just not all that interesting of a flavor profile. So many better session options.

Oh well, win some, lose some.

-w

Upper Pass' Cloud Drop DIPA is SO FUCKING GOOD.

If you have a chance, buy as much of it as possible.

Last time I saw it, I only grabbed a four pack, and I am very sad about that, as I just finished the last one.

-w

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, WJenness said:

Upper Pass' Cloud Drop DIPA is SO FUCKING GOOD.

If you have a chance, buy as much of it as possible.

Last time I saw it, I only grabbed a four pack, and I am very sad about that, as I just finished the last one.

-w

First I've heard of Upper Pass. I'll look for it at the EC Gathering in two weeks, though, based on your rec, since I'll be hanging in Beerbury for a couple of days.

This one is a Jack's Abby label, but nothing like Jack's Abby-labeled beers. Grapefruit-forward, relatively dry, with pine hints. A very strong, well-made NEIPA. They might do something about the can-art, though. :)

IMG_9273.JPG

Edited by Lakespapa