Flying Yeti

Ryan's Beer Thread

1 hour ago, WJenness said:

Upper Pass' Cloud Drop DIPA is SO FUCKING GOOD.

If you have a chance, buy as much of it as possible.

Last time I saw it, I only grabbed a four pack, and I am very sad about that, as I just finished the last one.

-w

They have it at the Bar at Magic ! Had my first one last Saturday !! Yup Freakin Awesome !!  I have First drop here at home, very good also with out the  whack in the head !

First I've heard of Upper Pass. I'll look for it at the EC Gathering in two weeks, though, based on your rec, since I'll be hanging in Beerbury for a couple of days.
This one is a Jack's Abby label, but nothing like Jack's Abby-labeled beers. Grapefruit-forward, relatively dry, with pine hints. A very strong, well-made NEIPA. They might do something about the can-art, though. 
IMG_9273.thumb.JPG.9aa498ce013677af5794835aeb265e80.JPG
Upper Pass is excellent. Springdale is also excellent, IMHO better than anything Jack's puts out.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm not a big Jack's fan. Springdale was a recommendation from a friend in town. I have two more of them to post.

Edited by Lakespapa

14 hours ago, ABV said:

They have it at the Bar at Magic ! Had my first one last Saturday !! Yup Freakin Awesome !!  I have First drop here at home, very good also with out the  whack in the head !

First drop also quite tasty! Liked that one quite a bit also...

Beauty of being stuck at home in a blizzard is that I can drink all the doubles I keep buying.

Had a fine Lost Nation Mosaic at Killington Saturday night. Should have taken a picture, it was so hazy and pale. (Also picked up some Rock Art Mosaic, which I'll post soon for your viewing pleasure. :D)

Another from Springdale (Jack's Abbey)  — orangey/lemony/mango-y delicious. Might prefer Good n' You because it's pinier, but some people love the newer-style NEIPAs with their odd-ball hops, and I can see why. This is not a bad drink, not at all. It's a different take, well worth a sample.

IMG_9284.jpg

1 hour ago, Lakespapa said:

Had a fine Lost Nation Mosaic at Killington Saturday night. Should have taken a picture, it was so hazy and pale. (Also picked up some Rock Art Mosaic, which I'll post soon for your viewing pleasure. :D)

Another from Springdale (Jack's Abbey)  — orangey/lemony/mango-y delicious. Might prefer Good n' You because it's pinier, but some people love the newer-style NEIPAs with their odd-ball hops, and I can see why. This is not a bad drink, not at all. It's a different take, well worth a sample.

IMG_9284.jpg

I have two packs of the Lost Nation Mosaic in the fridge. The wife has declared them her property. I'll ask to take a picture.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Weatherman said:

I have two packs of the Lost Nation Mosaic in the fridge. The wife has declared them her property. I'll ask to take a picture.

Have some in my fridge as well, for similar reasons... Though she will share with me.

So that's four votes for the Lost Nation Mosaic — I include a guy I met at the Mountain Sports Inn (he was taking his Level IIIs in tele last weekend) who said he loved that beer.

3 hours ago, Lakespapa said:

Hill Farmstead Edward at Reservoir in Waterbury (heck of a stuffed pork chop, too).

C796D489-8168-4EFC-ACA8-A3F87E24E382.jpeg

Had a couple of those at the same location last weekend!

Missed the Pork Chop though. But I can't really complain, as we had dinner at Hen of The Wood instead.

• Like 1

Alchemist Skadoosh #18 Galaxy, a really nice, hazy IPA, very dry, hop-forward. (Picked up some Heady, FB, and Crusher as well when I was up that way.)

IMG_9300.jpg

So my wife is awesome...

She bought me a beer fridge for my birthday.

Then on Saturday, we went to Maine Brewing Company and got a case of dinner to stock it up:

BEERFRIDGE.thumb.jpg.1b931e55544e333cc305b29c78d72e54.jpg

• Like 2

Also, if you're in Portland, ME or near there:

GO TO BATTERY STEELE.

Right now, it's basically two guys slinging beer in the same industrial complex with Foundation and Austin Street... Right across the street from Allagash. Apparently Bissell used to be in there as well.

Anyway, they had 4 beers on offer:

One IPA

Two DIPAs

and one Berliner Weiss.

All four of them were outstanding.

4 minutes ago, WJenness said:

So my wife is awesome...

Then on Saturday, we went to Maine Brewing Company and got a case of dinner to stock it up:

Now that there is an enviable situation! (Not to mention a pretty nice wife!)

Edited by Lakespapa
(needed to credit wife)
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, WJenness said:

So my wife is awesome...

I can not keep beer like that. I buy it - I drink it. I don't get to look at it for long. I guess I just don't buy enough at any one time. My wife isn't as understanding when I buy $60 worth compared when I buy $12 worth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smellytele said:

I can not keep beer like that. I buy it - I drink it. I don't get to look at it for long. I guess I just don't buy enough at any one time. My wife isn't as understanding when I buy $60 worth compared when I buy $12 worth.

Hm. Sounds familiar. ?