Flying Yeti

Ryan's Beer Thread

14 hours ago, deadheadskier said:

Shirt spotted by my friend at a Dead and Company show tonight.

Reminded me of ABVFB_IMG_1528764811044.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

How was the show? In Mansfield? First year in many I haven't seen some form of Bobby and the boys. Wife does not like going to shows in Mansfield. Getting out sucks. Last time we went we got stuck in the parking lot until 1:30 - Eric Clapton show. Really sucked with a 2 hour drive on a school night. Should have taken the next day off and always do now.

How was the show? In Mansfield? First year in many I haven't seen some form of Bobby and the boys. Wife does not like going to shows in Mansfield. Getting out sucks. Last time we went we got stuck in the parking lot until 1:30 - Eric Clapton show. Really sucked with a 2 hour drive on a school night. Should have taken the next day off and always do now.
This was from SPAC last night. My friend was there. I was not. I had tickets for Mansfield, but a work commitment came up. TBH, I was only going because a friend invited me and I hadn't seen her in a long time. Im mostly all set with ever going to Mansfield again. From the nightmare parking (unless you pay for VIP), to the Ahole cops treating people like dirt for having a beer in the parking lot, to the $13 draft beers inside the show, it's just a crappy experience even if you catch great music.

Id rather catch a lesser known band at smaller venues with a better customer experience. Thompson's Point in Portland or shows on the Waterfront in Burlington are more my speed

12 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Funny I haven't had one that I like. I've tried several too.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I haven't either. Drank half a six pack; threw the rest out.

1 hour ago, Smellytele said:

Beer has to be really bad (or have fruit flavor) for me to throw it out.

Tossed two this weekend. My wife bought pink beer. I swear. I could not believe it.

1 hour ago, Smellytele said:

Beer has to be really bad (or have fruit flavor) for me to throw it out.

"Really bad" is a matter of taste, of course, but it was bad enough for me to pass on it for the weeks it sat in my fridge. Life's too short . . . 

1 minute ago, Cannonballer said:
43 minutes ago, deadheadskier said:
Hill Farmstead Edward on draft. Love visiting VT for work.

IMG_20180614_185103419.thumb.jpg.e3da27c0ee6e3343a625be83d3b5fabb.jpg

Tried zooming in on your menu as a clue to where you are at, but couldn't read it. Is that at the Farmhouse grill in Burlington? I've had the Edward on tap there. Not sure how many other places have it.

You can get it in Beerbury, I know. 

Tried zooming in on your menu as a clue to where you are at, but couldn't read it. Is that at the Farmhouse grill in Burlington? I've had the Edward on tap there. Not sure how many other places have it.
Vermont Tap House in Williston. Very good draft list, good pizza, atmosphere kinda meh, but it's right down the street from the hotel I'm staying at.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cannonballer said:
13 hours ago, deadheadskier said:
Hill Farmstead Edward on draft. Love visiting VT for work.

IMG_20180614_185103419.thumb.jpg.e3da27c0ee6e3343a625be83d3b5fabb.jpg

Prohibition Pig has it as well in Waterbury

Friends from the midwest have been raving about this one for awhile.  They've been saying it's the best in the country.  Then a few articles came out recently making the same claim. https://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/2018/06/21/bells-two-hearted-ranked-no-1-americas-home-brewers-founders/721567002/    https://brobible.com/culture/article/bells-two-hearted-ale-best-beer-america/

And then today it was in my local beer store for the first time ever!!  And not nearly as expensive as the competition ($18 for a 12pk).   I'm not going to say that it's the best beer I've ever had (a little more malty than I prefer).  But it's a damn good one....

2hrt.jpg

28 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:

Friends from the midwest have been raving about this one for awhile.  They've been saying it's the best in the country.  Then a few articles came out recently making the same claim. https://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/2018/06/21/bells-two-hearted-ranked-no-1-americas-home-brewers-founders/721567002/    https://brobible.com/culture/article/bells-two-hearted-ale-best-beer-america/

And then today it was in my local beer store for the first time ever!!  And not nearly as expensive as the competition ($18 for a 12pk).   I'm not going to say that it's the best beer I've ever had (a little more malty than I prefer).  But it's a damn good one....

2hrt.jpg

I had this in Detroit airport — really, really good. Not the best beer in the world, to my palate (yeah, malt), but I wouldn't mind drinking it more often. (Like the name, too. :) )

I've never heard of Lamplighter, but they seem to make a lot of good beer. This is a dry, bitter NEIPA, really nice full-on hops.
IMG_9956.thumb.jpg.52474a4510ad4c8375878c3936705689.jpg
Lamplighter makes some good beers. If you see Rabbit Rabbit or So Much For Sublety, pick them up. Major Tom is amazing as well but must be purchased at the brewery.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Just picked this up in Woods Hole tonight. Virtually no info on the packaging.  Based on taste I'm guessing it's a light-ish lager???  Not bad. Good summer beer. Any info on this one @Infinite Dreams?? it's from your hood, Buzzards Bay Brewing, Westport. 

On that note I still consider Buzzards to be my first serious intro to craft brews. I loved them so much but haven't seen them around much anymore and haven't tracked their progress. Still have a special space in my heart (and liver). 

IMG_20180627_213012183.jpg

• Like 1

Stopped by a local pub after work yesterday and had a MBC Lunch. Well the keg kicked so I had a free 3/4 Lunch. They then tapped a Stone Enjoy by 7/4/18 so I had one of those which at 9.4 was pretty good as well. The next keg they had coming online was a Two Hearted Ale but didn't stick around for that.