Flying Yeti

Ryan's Beer Thread

Just picked this up in Woods Hole tonight. Virtually no info on the packaging.  Based on taste I'm guessing it's a light-ish lager???  Not bad. Good summer beer. Any info on this one [mention=6]Infinite Dreams[/mention]?? it's from your hood, Buzzards Bay Brewing, Westport. 
On that note I still consider Buzzards to be my first serious intro to craft brews. I loved them so much but haven't seen them around much anymore and haven't tracked their progress. Still have a special space in my heart (and liver). 

IMG_20180627_213012183.thumb.jpg.3d05fb6c87d13448f7063805960cedb5.jpg
Good easy drinker - love going to their brewery - not the best beer but the atmosphere makes up for it. From BA: Our classic unfiltered all-American golden ale. Brewed with pale and wheat malts and refreshingly hopped with cascades

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smellytele said:

I think the crusher has too much hops in it. It may be fine for some who like drinking bouquets of flowers but the heady is much more balanced.

I agree.

20 minutes ago, 2manyhobbies said:

I agree.

I appreciate the differences, but I like each in its own way — Heady is one thing, Crusher another, Haze something else, Pseudo Sue yet another. And then there's stout. ? 

On 6/26/2018 at 6:43 AM, Infinite Dreams said:

Lamplighter makes some good beers. If you see Rabbit Rabbit or So Much For Sublety, pick them up. Major Tom is amazing as well but must be purchased at the brewery.

I have a Rabbit Rabbit in my fridge, waiting for a suitable, DIPA moment (i.e., a moment preceding nothing I have to do).

I have a Rabbit Rabbit in my fridge, waiting for a suitable, DIPA moment (i.e., a moment preceding nothing I have to do).
That time is now!!

Had this last night - Zero Gravity - Choice Make Good very well balanced juicy as hell. b83e5c4bb6f8e425b55dab9922afc11b.jpg

Had Brewmaster Jack's newest offering "Cloud Art" tonight. Almost $15 for a 4 pack but holy hell was it worth it. Between this, Hoppiness is a Warm Pun, and Little Borther, they are killing it.

Edited by Flying Yeti
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

That time is now!!

Actually, the time was last night, after a long afternoon pulling nails from planks. ?  Mouthful of flowers!

IMG_9992.thumb.jpg.809952640cf7d7fedc99e0c632793aa0.jpg

I had a good TIPA today as well as a DIPA and 2 IPA's from Pipe Dream in Londonderry. Man was it hot there with no AC but the beer was great. Wife had a couple sours she liked but I do not like these new sour craze beers.

Expatriate IPA from Three Weavers Brewing, nice, fruity, West Coast style, balanced, but with plenty of hops. Nice head on this thing, too. Don’t have much opportunity to try local West Coast craft beer, but we’re on a road trip from San Diego to Portland, so I’ll see what I can get into. 

4C649477-C334-4E6C-8EF7-37A674DC96BA.jpeg

Enjoyed a great pizza for lunch today at Jack’s Abbey in Framingham. Hadn’t been in a couple years and found a few new improvements. One being a small patio the other being a huge copper pizza oven. Although I prefer IPA’s I knew they mostly do craft lagers. Advising my waitstaff of this she recommended a beer called EXCESS an IPL. It did not disappoint me. I recommend a day trip to this fabulous beer hall for a tasting of your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Hip Hop is Dead - Buttonwood Brewery in Cranston RI - boozy 8.2 with overripened mango flavors. Overall not bad. They had a fantastic saison on draft when I picked these up. Will definitely go back30601d3194f297eeb6c876cf60bbdb16.jpg

Stopped by at the Rek' Lis brewery in Bethlehem, NH. They had 7 IPA's on tap. I liked 6 of them. The issue is that the brew master makes upward of 80 different beers - all IPA's and you never know which is going to be on tap. Also the taste is only slightly different on a lot of them. Well of the 7 I had they ranged from 5.4 to 7% and 6 of them tasted very similar. 

reklis.jpg

Edited by Smellytele

Took a friend whose getting back into mtb over to Franklin Falls on Saturday. We stopped by Canterbury Aleworks after, and I tried Old Darn Bard British brown ale, Val-Halla Weizen, Canterbury Ale APA, and the Immense Intense Phat Alpha Imperial IPA. I liked all of them, but the Old Darn Bard and the Phat Alpha stood out to me. I really like British browns, and the Old Darn Bard was quite good. It's not the easiest place to get to, but it was worth the trip. Google took us across Bean Hill Road by Highland. Bean Hill Road turns into a class six road just beyond Highland heading east. So I got to mtb, do some 4 wheeling, and drink good beer all in one day!

4 minutes ago, 2manyhobbies said:

Took a friend whose getting back into mtb over to Franklin Falls on Saturday. We stopped by Canterbury Aleworks after, and I tried Old Darn Bard British brown ale, Val-Halla Weizen, Canterbury Ale APA, and the Immense Intense Phat Alpha Imperial IPA. I liked all of them, but the Old Darn Bard and the Phat Alpha stood out to me. I really like British browns, and the Old Darn Bard was quite good. It's not the easiest place to get to, but it was worth the trip. Google took us across Bean Hill Road by Highland. Bean Hill Road turns into a class six road just beyond Highland heading east. So I got to mtb, do some 4 wheeling, and drink good beer all in one day!

That is one of the most interesting nano breweries I have been to. The place is like 15' by 15' in the basement of a barn. Did he get his water power working yet? Cool that he also uses wood to heat his barrel.

10 minutes ago, Smellytele said:

That is one of the most interesting nano breweries I have been to. The place is like 15' by 15' in the basement of a barn. Did he get his water power working yet? Cool that he also uses wood to heat his barrel.

I don't know about the water power, but I think I overheard some people talking about it on the way in. Just driving into the place is an experience. Met a car coming out and had to back up a ways to let them get by.

Stopped by at the Rek' Lis brewery in Bethlehem, NH. They had 7 IPA's on tap. I liked 6 of them. The issue is that the brew master makes upward of 80 different beers - all IPA's and you never know which is going to be on tap. Also the taste is only slightly different on a lot of them. Well of the 7 I had they ranged from 5.4 to 7% and 6 of them tasted very similar. 
reklis.thumb.jpg.e4a427cc4d988ca759874bc4551515a8.jpg
I had this same experience recently at Stellwagen Brewery and at Trillium. At Trillium we asked "so these taste basically the same, what's the difference?". The answer was that they name each batch differently even if it is the exact same recipe. That was a surprise and kind of a bummer to me. Hard to come back for your favorites if the name keeps changing.

On 8/8/2018 at 8:27 PM, 2manyhobbies said:

In California and picked up some Brew Free or Die IPA. With a name like that I had to buy some. Pretty good IPA.MVIMG_20180808_172447.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Yes Good Brew ! Its made an appearance at the Zoomer Bar in the past....thanks to FckSummer !