Flying Yeti

Ryan's Beer Thread

On 7/25/2018 at 8:14 PM, Infinite Dreams said:

Hip Hop is Dead - Buttonwood Brewery in Cranston RI - boozy 8.2 with overripened mango flavors. Overall not bad. They had a fantastic saison on draft when I picked these up. Will definitely go back30601d3194f297eeb6c876cf60bbdb16.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Nothing good comes from Cranston...or Johnston. 

• Like 1

I am getting to cheap to buy 15.00 4 packs..... Lately been buying what was on sale at yankee spirits.  Mostly Von Trapp Mixed, Long Trail VT IPA and Wachusett's mixed IPA pack....

I am getting to cheap to buy 15.00 4 packs..... Lately been buying what was on sale at yankee spirits.  Mostly Von Trapp Mixed, Long Trail VT IPA and Wachusett's mixed IPA pack....
Check out Fort Hills stuff, Fresh Pick, Jigsaw Jazz and Reb Prince are very good

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I’ve been buying $12 - $13 four packs, but Founders Centennial IPA is both highly decent and comparatively cheap — 6 packs of 12 oz. cans are $7 around here. 

When you think about it, though, even a $15 four pack is amazingly cheap, if it’s world-class beer you’re buying. I love wine, but comparable quality wine is WAY out of my price range —$30 / bottle minimum. That’s why I drink beer most of the time now. 

Discovered Mighty Squirrel this summer and loved their strawberry smoovy.  Just grabbed some of the Peach, and its delicious, much less sweet than the strawberry...

image.thumb.png.1c71783ea36d6adc20d970424fd7d55a.png

This was an interesting one. Very good double IPA from 14th Star. Almost as good as their Tribute. But unfortunately the most memorable and notable thing about this beer is that the last sip is HORRIBLE! It caught me off guard on all four cans. Just a shot of some kind of nasty, bitter, throat-burning something. Not sure what. Settled hops? It's a 15oz beer in a 16oz can.IMG_20181020_151601114.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

4 hours ago, Cannonballer said:

This was an interesting one. Very good double IPA from 14th Star. Almost as good as their Tribute. But unfortunately the most memorable and notable thing about this beer is that the last sip is HORRIBLE! It caught me off guard on all four cans. Just a shot of some kind of nasty, bitter, throat-burning something. Not sure what. Settled hops? It's a 15oz beer in a 16oz can.IMG_20181020_151601114.jpg

I've had that and liked it quite a bit. No weird bitter taste, though. Bad batch, maybe?

This was an interesting one. Very good double IPA from 14th Star. Almost as good as their Tribute. But unfortunately the most memorable and notable thing about this beer is that the last sip is HORRIBLE! It caught me off guard on all four cans. Just a shot of some kind of nasty, bitter, throat-burning something. Not sure what. Settled hops? It's a 15oz beer in a 16oz can.IMG_20181020_151601114.thumb.jpg.c8b413d4459753b0a89bb4d2e731f5e0.jpg

It was absolutely settled hops. One reason I pour my beers whenever possible. I like to pour half to 3/4 of the can then swirl the remaining beer for a few seconds and pour out all the remaining stuff. You will find some beers that when they are a week old look like OJ and a month or two out are pretty clear unless you agitate them first.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

It was absolutely settled hops. One reason I pour my beers whenever possible. I like to pour half to 3/4 of the can then swirl the remaining beer for a few seconds and pour out all the remaining stuff. You will find some beers that when they are a week old look like OJ and a month or two out are pretty clear unless you agitate them first.

Yes Id agree ! Ive poored before and had the snow globe effect......very chunky ! but I guess thats to be expected with unfiltered !

The sun’s over the yardarm, so it’s time for this, Maine Beer’s Another One IPA. Austere, lots of biting hops, restrained malt, a model of the hoppy end of the spectrum, and I like it. Some won’t, I know. 

Also, we’re selling the house — this is a reward for all the painting, cleaning, and polishing that happened before the open house today. (Remind me never to sell another house.)

AE86808F-9241-4F86-8B25-0728ED4EC842.jpeg