Flying Yeti

Ryan's Beer Thread

At the future-ex wife's parents house this weekend in southern CT. Stores here are now able to get Lawson's (still limited in how much Two Roads Two Juicy they can get though). Grabbed a Session  #2 for working outside today. Was perfect after working outside all day. 

I am having a hard time imagining grapefruit beer being any good.
I am seeking inspiration. I have a Saco canoe trip coming up on Saturday. I need a canned beer suggestion to bring with me. Let's hear it!

Lots of IPAs have fruity notes. The grapefruit in Ballast Point IPA is subtle and does not over take the hops.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Just found out that Anhueser Busch bought out Ballast Point and 10 Barrel. Ballast Point was bought out for 1 billion dollars.

Ballast Point is owned by Constellation Brands. They bought them in November of 2015

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballast_Point_Brewing_Company

Sent from my XT1565 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

4 hours ago, deadheadskier said:

Ballast Point is owned by Constellation Brands. They bought them in November of 2015

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballast_Point_Brewing_Company

Stand corrected - thanks!  That makes me feel a tiny bit better.

Interesting article:

http://fortune.com/2017/03/15/mergers-change-craft-brewers-list/

Saw Sip of Sunshine on tap at a bar here in Provincetown. My brother in law are heading out at some point this week. It is bear week down here! I'll fit right in!

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports

Saw Sip of Sunshine on tap at a bar here in Provincetown. My brother in law are heading out at some point this week. It is bear week down here! I'll fit right in!

I love it there, truly. My Powerball fantasies involve a summer place in Provincetown and an Aspen winter home.

I should really start playing Powerball.

Sent from my iPad using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Yes. This is a great area. I've been coming down here to my grandparents cottage for most of my life. All the Cape haters be hating. Once you get through all the traffic it's an amazing place to be.

47 minutes ago, SkiBearded! said:

Yes. This is a great area. I've been coming down here to my grandparents cottage for most of my life. All the Cape haters be hating. Once you get through all the traffic it's an amazing place to be.

Having been to the Cape a few times early in my life and remembering siting in traffic - I was a hater.  However, my wife grew up on the Cape during the summer months so we went there every year and started having more fun  However,  I did not like where we stayed due to traffic (Central or Mid Cape) also the beaches were kind of boring in that part of the Cape. I on the other hand lived in Southern California for nearly 8 years, hence why I thought the beaches were boring.  However, we stayed on Nantucket and found more interesting beaches then we were told about the Capes National Sea Shore.  We vacationed on the Outer Cape from then on and loved it - great beaches, good wave action, less traffic nice communities etc.

This year we went back to California and I still think California is more fun - waves are intense.  There is also so much more to do.  But it is a huge area so it can involve a lot of driving or you can hunker down in one area.  Don't get me wrong I am not a hater, just love California.   Oddly enough, our boys who have grown up being on the Cape during the summer want to go back next year.

We go to ACK in mid June and first week of Oct for that very reason. Crowds!

Amazing time to be down there. Spent a summer there May-Sept after college working at the stop and shop. Was dead other than July-Mid August. Water is still pretty warm I bet early October that far south I'd guess as well

Sent from my XT1254 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

12 hours ago, xwhaler said:

Amazing time to be down there. Spent a summer there May-Sept after college working at the stop and shop. Was dead other than July-Mid August. Water is still pretty warm I bet early October that far south I'd guess as well  

Sent from my XT1254 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

It is still warm.  Air and water.

On 7/10/2017 at 6:47 PM, dblskifanatic said:

Did Narragansett rebrand itself as a craft beer company?  Probably stating they were one of the originals?

They just have the "Lovecraft" series which is nothing really special. They just need to stick to their basics imo. 

2 hours ago, Flying Yeti said:

They just have the "Lovecraft" series which is nothing really special. They just need to stick to their basics imo. 

Ya my broither in law is a fan, so I experience it by default from time to time but lately bring my own when I visit.

I love it there, truly. My Powerball fantasies involve a summer place in Provincetown and an Aspen winter home.

I should really start playing Powerball.
These are great goals though I would pick a different summer area, probably southern coastal Rhode Island.

Sent from my iPad using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

It's pretty funny but I've lived within a hours ride of the "bridges" and I spend zero time down on the cape. Never saw the appeal of the traffic or attitude. Honestly wouldn't even know where to go over there to have a good time

Having been to the Cape a few times early in my life and remembering siting in traffic - I was a hater.  However, my wife grew up on the Cape during the summer months so we went there every year and started having more fun  However,  I did not like where we stayed due to traffic (Central or Mid Cape) also the beaches were kind of boring in that part of the Cape. I on the other hand lived in Southern California for nearly 8 years, hence why I thought the beaches were boring.  However, we stayed on Nantucket and found more interesting beaches then we were told about the Capes National Sea Shore.  We vacationed on the Outer Cape from then on and loved it - great beaches, good wave action, less traffic nice communities etc.

This year we went back to California and I still think California is more fun - waves are intense.  There is also so much more to do.  But it is a huge area so it can involve a lot of driving or you can hunker down in one area.  Don't get me wrong I am not a hater, just love California.   Oddly enough, our boys who have grown up being on the Cape during the summer want to go back next year.

San Diego FTW!!

California is great the whole coast from San Bernardino north is incredible. I lived in in the Bay Area for a while and really enjoyed the coast up there. Oregon and Washington is killer too especially the wide open beaches of Washington. I'm not a huge fan of Southern California beaches. Lots of people, some are crazy and homeless, there is a lot to do there but that isn't why I go to the beach.

I think sadly people don't often realize what the outer cape has to offer because they have sat in traffic for long getting to Harwich or Chatham. This area remains very isolated especially in the off season. Miles of incredible beaches, great summer weather, for the most part not much for crowds and importantly water you can actually swim in.

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

California is great the whole coast from San Bernardino north is incredible. I lived in in the Bay Area for a while and really enjoyed the coast up there. Oregon and Washington is killer too especially the wide open beaches of Washington. I'm not a huge fan of Southern California beaches. Lots of people, some are crazy and homeless, there is a lot to do there but that isn't why I go to the beach.

I think sadly people don't often realize what the outer cape has to offer because they have sat in traffic for long getting to Harwich or Chatham. This area remains very isolated especially in the off season. Miles of incredible beaches, great summer weather, for the most part not much for crowds and importantly water you can actually swim in.

You must mean Santa Barbara. San Bernardino is pretty far inland - I went to school there at Cal State.

I agree. The best part of the Cape as I mentioned earlier is outer cape from Chatham to p-town.

So, our local brewery Deciduous finally partnered with Iron Heart to offer cans. They canned one of their Gose and two of their IPAs; Stack 3.0 and Bale. I grabbed a four pack of Bale today. Top notch hazy juice bomb.

After two years I think they finally realize that big IPAs is what they need to do more of. They've tried to be different with all sorts of Lambics, Farmhouse ales and other more European styles and get a lot of praise for them, but it's a small market for those styles.

Happy they are spreading their IPA wings so I can support them more.

b73aefabd12d4fca37e816f4771937a1.jpg