Flying Yeti

Ryan's Beer Thread

Trillium really pushing the envelope on beer pricing. Just saw an advertisement for the release today of Dial up the Seven Digits DIPA. $22.20 per 4 pack.

I'm reversing position. I hope Budweiser buys them. Then maybe I will be able to regularly afford their beer again. Lol

Sent from my XT1565 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

And apparently they really don't care to be questioned on their pricing.  There were a couple posts on FB questioning $22.20 that were deleted.   I jokingly stated, "I'm sure it's delicious, but I'm going to hold out for "Literally 5 Digit IPA at $100.20 a four pack."   That got deleted.  lol

It's cool.  They can charge whatever they want.  People are obviously willing to pay it.  I've bought plenty of their beer in the past.  Even spent $20 for a four pack once, but said one time was enough in that range. 

And apparently they really don't care to be questioned on their pricing.  There were a couple posts on FB questioning $22.20 that were deleted.   I jokingly stated, "I'm sure it's delicious, but I'm going to hold out for "Literally 5 Digit IPA at $100.20 a four pack."   That got deleted.  lol
It's cool.  They can charge whatever they want.  People are obviously willing to pay it.  I've bought plenty of their beer in the past.  Even spent $20 for a four pack once, but said one time was enough in that range. 

You know what is really screwed up about this whole thing, I just got back from Vt and bought an entire case of Second Fiddle for the equivalent of 14 of those. Everything Fiddlehead cans is 13 a 4pack. Most of the Brewers up there charge about the same price.

Sent from my XT1650 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

That's amazing. I grabbed a case of Second Fiddle two years ago for the same price. Obviously things like higher rent in Mass will drive up the price, but when I see $20+, I do feel it's a bit of a gouge.

Then again you can drop well over a grand on a good new vintage of some Bordeauxs, so I shouldn't complain about the price of beer.

Was just talking with my buddy who initially introduced me to Trillium and has been a diehard fan.  Funny thing....he made the exact same point about VT premium micros being so much cheaper.  Says he's done with Trillium.  Of course, he's also got ME Brewing Co just a few miles away so he's not exactly hurting for access to some of the best beers in the country! 

Maine is another area that is reasonably priced. The new colab from Trillium, I can see being a little more money but almost $23 is excessive. I'm sure there will be some douchebag on eBay selling the stuff for $60 a pack and be to god damed cheap to offer free shipping!

Hey has anyone tried Boom Sauce? Made by Lord Hobo Brewing out of Woburn, MA. I ha e been trying all types of IPAs and the liquor store I go to recommended it. As I was drinking it I looked at where it was made and noticed it was back east.

It is pretty darn good. Nice mango citrus note on the front and very nice hoppy finish. It is kind of a cross between an IPA and and Imperial IPA. ABV 7.8

25ab012aee554333d7a7172702ada63d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Hey has anyone tried Boom Sauce? Made by Lord Hobo Brewing out of Woburn, MA. I ha e been trying all types of IPAs and the liquor store I go to recommended it. As I was drinking it I looked at where it was made and noticed it was back east.

It is pretty darn good. Nice mango citrus note on the front and very nice hoppy finish. It is kind of a cross between an IPA and and Imperial IPA. ABV 7.8

Yes many times. They had it on draft often at Ragged this past winter and I get it in a can at the little burger joint where I keep my boat. It's tasty I agree!

Sent from my XT1254 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

I stopped in to the brewery when I was working in Burlington, it's good and their place was pretty cool. Wide open space with, at the time, free samples. I like "steal this can" better than Boom Sauce. Haven't had either in over a year though

aviary-image-1501538672298.jpeg Drinking the local brew while in Fort Myers. Of course there's a tropical storm that passed through yesterday and it's been raining since Sunday afternoon but I did manage to get a couple clear hours at the pool yesterday afternoon. IMG_20170730_162205_426.jpg I did bring some flavors from home too!IMG_20170730_162308311.jpg

On tap at One Love I'm Lincoln. I didn't notice the mango, but I did notice the the 7.8!

On tap at One Love I'm Lincoln. I didn't notice the mango, but I did notice the the 7.8!

I believe we had BoomSauce on the Sugarloaf trip but damned if I can remember it !!

My go too's right now are Tragically Hopped by Great North and Two juicy from Two Roads....also Call it a day from Moat was awesome and Damn Sure by Henniker brewing !

All Doubles with ABVs in the 8s..........surprise !

cbaa459b0f6b80ab152481705af52166.jpg3de11ec0add404f4dca0a9b187af979d.jpg002f7105ff7aa28f9526ab961df0573d.jpg32e95b64ef3245fa06f0f8592ec67f6d.jpg

• Like 2

I believe we had BoomSauce on the Sugarloaf trip but damned if I can remember it !! My go too's right now are Tragically Hopped by Great North and Two juicy from Two Roads....also Call it a day from Moat was awesome and Damn Sure by Henniker brewing !
All Doubles with ABVs in the 8s..........surprise !
cbaa459b0f6b80ab152481705af52166.jpg3de11ec0add404f4dca0a9b187af979d.jpg002f7105ff7aa28f9526ab961df0573d.jpg32e95b64ef3245fa06f0f8592ec67f6d.jpg

Two Juicy and Call are great. Haven't had the other two yet.

Just tried Boom Sauce for the first time today. Pretty good beer. Nice and hoppy. Sorry, my taste buds aren't any more specific than that.  That's my wife's Old Brown Dog next to it. Old Brown Dog is still one of my favorites.

db0c60609cba8b752f4d0dfc67764146.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

On 8/13/2017 at 3:07 PM, 2manyhobbies said:

Just tried Boom Sauce for the first time today. Pretty good beer. Nice and hoppy. Sorry, my taste buds aren't any more specific than that.  That's my wife's Old Brown Dog next to it. Old Brown Dog is still one of my favorites.

db0c60609cba8b752f4d0dfc67764146.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

It does have good hop flavor and nice citrus notes!

I'm currently on a job in San Francisco. Stopped at Speakeasy Brewery today. The place was completely under renovation and closed for business. But I walked through an open door to check out what kind of renovations they were doing and I bumped into the owner. He told me that they'd be closed for a few months....then handed me a free six pack so I wouldn't go away empty-handed! Pretty tasty Session IPA and it gets my vote just for his attitude.
dbbb12e46c13c29cc512df6280d48201.jpg

• Like 2

I'm currently on a job in San Francisco. Stopped at Speakeasy Brewery today. The place was completely under renovation and closed for business. But I walked through an open door to check out what kind of renovations they were doing and I bumped into the owner. He told me that they'd be closed for a few months....then handed me a free six pack so I wouldn't go away empty-handed! Pretty tasty Session IPA and it gets my vote just for his attitude.
dbbb12e46c13c29cc512df6280d48201.jpg

That's a cool experience. Love meeting awesome people!

• Like 1

https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/news/2017/08/21/the-best-selling-beers-in-new-england-arent-craft.amp.html

Good to see the folks in VT showing a commitment to local craft beer. All the top sellers are craft, where as the Domestics still dominate in the other five New England states.